Operational Risk Professional, Global Investment Firm, Doha, Qatar
Our client is a prestigious investment manager with a strong track record. This is an exciting opportunity for an operational risk professional to join their growing operational risk team. You will be responsible for identifying, monitoring and analysing both current and emerging operational risk exposure against risk appetite. You will also contribute to the formulation of risk policies, procedures and standards. You will be in close contact with all teams within the organisation in order to realise various project objectives whilst creating awareness in the company in order to mitigate risks. Due to the nature of this role, the successful person will receive a lot of responsibility from the outset.
This is a really exciting opportunity for a high-calibre, driven individual to join a strong, growing platform. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the formulation of the internal operational risk policy and supporting the implementation of such
- Execute structural risk monitoring and analysis of future risks.
- Provide advice to and create risk awareness of internal stakeholders to risk management issues
- Top-class degree in a relevant field
- Significant and relevant experience within the risk department of a financial institution, ideally from an investment manager
- History of writing risk policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements and compliance
- Hands on experience of conducting risk and control assessments
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to be based in the Middle East full time