We are working with an international banking organisation who are looking for an experienced Remedial Specialist capable of working within a small team focused on managing credit exposure of potential problem customers.
Brief Overview of Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the local portfolio of delinquent Corporate Banking and SME customers, aiming to reduce overall overdue credit exposure of the bank through implementation of loan re-structuring, collection and collateral asset sale strategies
- Identifying, locating and contacting of errant customers, and the containing, minimizing and or reducing the bank’s exposure and risks and business units.
- Identifying potential problem accounts so that necessary action can be immediately taken to recover / decrease bank’s non-performing loans and or to minimize the bank’s losses.
- Ensure immediate assessment of the NPL position, identify and contain risks, evaluate and secure bank’s collateral interests, and formulate remedial strategy through negotiation, preparation and finalization of re-structuring Agreement, and or taking of necessary legal action and enforcement of security if required
- Leading a small team of officers
Qualifications and Experience
- University graduate with a degree preferably in finance, economics or related majors.
- Extensive relevant experience at a reputed bank [or other comparable financial services or consultancy company], ideally within a similar corporate banking role
- A specialism in remedial / bad debts / collection function
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- In depth knowledge of corporate banking operations
- Good knowledge of financial markets and industry best practices.
- Flexible team player and able to work and deliver under pressure.
- Ability to inspire and lead others