In-House Legal Manager – Capital Markets – Corporate Banking
- 100k Tax-Free plus bonus, benefits & relocation
- Doha, Dawhah, Qatar Doha Dawhah QA
- Permanent, Full time
- Aston Carter
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
A financial services client based in Qatar are looking for an experienced legal professional to work as part of a small but high calibre legal team tasked with providing advice to a number of key departments across the bank.
Candidates will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Provide advice, support and assistance with negotiation and documentation on legal issues of international and domestic scope for the bank.
- Coordinate compliance with applicable local and international laws, regulations and standards of best practice in resolving legal concerns.
- Where foreign jurisdictions may be involved, engage with external counsel to provide legal opinions or advice in context.
- Assist senior members of the Legal Function with carrying out research of records and legal precedent, so that all required data and information is available in timely and easy to use manner.
- Follow up on changes in legislation and other developments in the legal and banking field to remain updated and communicate the same to more senior members within the function.
Candidates will need knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Legal degree
- Full legal qualification
- Relevant post-qualified experience working with a financial services organization, ideally with knowledge and experience within capital markets
The client can offer extremely competitive tax-free packages including relocation assistance, excellent career opportunities and a very diverse and challenging financial services culture.