Position: Head of Branding & Merchandising
Entity: Group Communications
Location: Doha, Qatar
About us: We are the largest Financial Services firm in the MENA region with international offices across Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
The incumbent is primarily responsible for supporting the Global Head of Communications with designing the Branding and Merchandising business strategy, and the implementation of Branding and Merchandising strategy within local and international branches. The incumbent will lead the initiative to develop the branding/ rebranding strategy, translate it into implementation steps, and direct the team to execute it while ensuring compliance of branding with the bank’s communication strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Institutionalize organization-wide programs to promote culture of continuous improvement & innovation.
- Foster a climate that challenges others to think laterally and generate fresh perspectives and new opportunities.
- Create an environment to ensure implementation of value added suggestions, while stressing the importance of continuous improvement within the communications department.
- Communicate with diverse stakeholders within and beyond the organization through impactful communication.
- Communicate the bank’s communication strategy in a manner which is clear, fluent, to the point which holds the audience attention in group or one to one situation making long lasting positive impression on audience.
- Drive for more transparency and better information flow within the organization by sponsoring new and strengthened communication practices.
- Set the short, medium, and long term strategy objectives for the Branding and Merchandising function.
- Hold periodic meetings with Global Head of Communication to elaborate on the Branding and Merchandising vision.
- Update the Branding and Merchandising strategy to reflect the banks’s vision and mission.
- Initiate, upon need, a consumer behaviour research to understand consumer psychology and new trends.
- Ensure that the Brand Strategy Developer incorporates the findings of consumer psychology studies while developing the branding strategy.
- Discuss with and set the guideline for the Brand Strategy Developer to design and structure the Branding and Merchandising strategy.
- Highlight where needed on branding characteristics to be adopted within international markets.
- Conduct tactical branding & ensure a strong brand presence leading to increased business in the local and international markets.
- Ensure that the image delivered is an accurate reflection of the Bank’s communications strategy and in compliance with the set guidelines within local and international branches.
- Oversee the implementation of the Bank’s brand image in the Market through follow up with the Head of Branch Implementation and Merchandising.
- Ensure brand distribution across international branches and subsidiaries; both locally and internationally.
- Oversee the compliance of all materials with the main Corporate Identity (CI) guidelines.
- Supervise the production and publication of branding materials to guarantee consistency with the set guidelines for all signage, fascia images, advertising and event setup materials.
- Direct the branding strategy towards client acquisition and retention, revenue generation, advertising, promotion and brand building activities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- University graduate with a degree in Business advertising or Marketing or related discipline. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in marketing, brand management and advertising preferably in the Banking industry with at least 4 years managerial capacity within a certain function
- Good understanding of Communication tools/ materials and related best practices.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement effective Communication strategy and branding guidelines when needed.
- Planning and organizing ability.
- Ability to work with teams from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Group Strategic plan
- Applicable Policies and Procedures
- Marketing and Communication Solutions
- Persuasion and listening skills
- High degree of initiative to perform complex tasks where no procedures are available.