Job Title: Dealer Foreign Exchange
Department: Foreign Exchange – Trading – Treasury
Location: Qatar, Doha
About Us: We are one of the largest Banks in the MENA region
Position Overview: You will execute foreign exchange deals on the behalf of customers and the internal units/ departments and conducts back-to-back deals conducted on a timely basis within approved FX limits and permissible currencies. Additionally, you will perform Nostro accounts opening/ closing and maintenance in liaison with other departments and respond to FX request by providing timely and competitive foreign exchange pricing.
• Complies with approved budgets, policies and procedures in relation to Foreign Exchange operations.
• Assists in building and maintaining strong and effective relationships with all other related units to achieve the FX Desk goals/ objectives.
• Provides timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors, the Compliance function and Group Risk as and when required.
• Complies with department’s policies and procedures for conducting buy/ sell deals, maintaining/ collating MIS pertaining to profitability/ revenue, and observing compliance with the applicable limits approved by the Board/ its delegated authorities.
• Performs Nostro accounts opening, closing and maintenance activities in various FX currencies in liaison with other departments to meet their FX liquidity needs.
• Quotes FX prices to clients and banks to inter-bank parties and customers after checking the availability of credit lines for the counterparty within the delegated authority and under guidance of Senior Dealer.
• Takes FX trading positions within the delegated authority or as per Senior Dealers instructions.
• Assists in providing pricing support for major corporate customers, Group’s departments and branches.
• Utilizes Reuters to obtain price support and maintain inter-bank relationships.
• Follows up on the timely transaction processing in coordination with Treasury Operations.
• Monitors gap positions within the delegated authority and under the guidance of the Senior Dealer FX.
• Identifies related areas and professional development of self and others.
• Ensures high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, or Economics.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in active FX trading, preferably in the Far east.
• Good oral and written communication skills in English.
• Good knowledge of a range of FX products.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Must be able to work effectively under market pressures whilst maintaining risk control and limit compliance.
• Undoubted ethical awareness and conscious of risks being undertaken.
• Profit and results driven.
• Customer orientation.