You should have the required expertise / skills, knowledge and competence to focus / monitor a wide range of risks in different businesses. The responsibility includes conducting strategic data analytics reviews to identify systemic and bank wide issues and to enhance GIAD’s contribution to the overall control framework. Further, you will be assisting in the review of policies and conduct investigations and other audit assignments or special projects as and when required. The above role covers Domestic & International businesses.
Job title: Assistant Audit Manager Special Assignments, Policy Reviews & Integration
Department: Group Internal Audit
Location: Doha, Qatar
About Us: We are the largest Financial Services firm in the MENA region with international offices across Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
You should have the required expertise / skills, knowledge and competence to focus / monitor a wide range of risks in different businesses. The responsibility includes conducting strategic data analytics reviews to identify systemic and bank wide issues and to enhance GIAD’s contribution to the overall control framework. Further, you will be assisting in the review of policies and conduct investigations and other audit assignments or special projects as and when required.
The above role covers Domestic & International businesses.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure effectiveness of adopted policies/ procedures and related controls in all areas pertaining to the incumbent’s area of responsibility
- Add value to the functions/ activities performed by the Special Assignments, Policy Reviews & Integration section by identifying instances/ risks that entail probable financial loss or regulatory non-compliance that could result in monetary penalties/ reputation damage through the audit and risk review processes.
- Audits and Others assignments/Special projects:
- Compiles and analyses data to support strategic assignments/initiatives of the division.
- Extracts meaningful data/information from relevant systems to support the needs of other audit teams.
- Develop techniques to identify key data issues, missing mandatory data and omissions, in addition, develop comparison analysis that provide powerful indication of errors, manipulations and frauds.
- Developing data extraction and analysis format and readymade reports that can be used by the audit teams during applicable audit assignments.
- Maintains close coordination with relevant business and support departments to ensure that GIAD obtains ready access to data/information required to carry out audit activities.
- Policy Reviews:
- Assists is providing value-adds in the review of policies, committees’ Terms of Reference, governance documents, new ventures, processes, circulars before issue, risk frameworks, BRS (Business Requirements Specifications) documents, legal contracts, project documents, etc. based on applicable standards, diligence requirements, directives of regulators and recommendation by professional bodies, etc., and conforming to internal audit charter, standards and practices.
- Investigation function:
- Assists in conducting investigation and other assignments and provide reports through the Head of Special Assignments, Policy Reviews and Integration.
- Assists in keeping track of incidents of frauds, forged drafts / currency presented and report to the Principal Specialist through the Head of Special Assignments, Policy Reviews and Integration.
- Assist in preparing detailed report for distribution to all relevant parties, after each Investigation, to enhance the controls and ensure that such instances do not happen again and weaknesses identified during the investigations are controlled.
- Assists in ensuring that the audit planning, fieldwork and reporting stages are conducted in consonance with the procedures/ guidelines contained in the internal audit manual, including but not limited to communications to relevant auditee management on audit commencement, presentation of draft reports to auditee management and obtaining their responses and holding of closing meetings in consultation with the Head of Special Assignments, Policy Reviews and Integration.
- Ensures utilization of appropriate audit software procured by Group Internal Audit by all personnel reporting to the incumbent.
- Assists in monitoring and post-audit follow-up of certain audit issues and ensure compliance with recommendations.
- Prepares and submit own performance appraisal to the Head of Special Assignments, Policy Reviews and Integration on timely basis in accordance with the laid down policy in this regard.
- Responsible for imparting training/ guidance to trainees who join the Global Follow-Up, Policy Reviews & Special Assignments.
- Identify and communicate areas for professional self-development to the Head of Special Assignments.
- Develop knowledge of all banking business areas including Retail, Commercial, Corporate etc.
- Unrestricted access at any time to all information, records, personnel and property in Qatar and overseas (as and when applicable) that is required for the effective discharge of the incumbent’s responsibilities.
- Maintain utmost confidentiality with respect to the information obtained from auditee management during the course of the audit.
- Bachelor degree in commerce, IT, banking or other related disciplines.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with a bank in Internal Control/ Audit role, including 3 years in specialist data analytics role.
- Holds relevant professional qualifications such as CIA/ CISA/ CA etc.
- Specialist knowledge of data analytical tools/ data analytics software such as ACL or Idea.
- Good knowledge of banking operations, controls and risk management concepts and related best practices.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferred), including presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite and use of Audit Management Software (e.g. eGRC, TeamMate).
- Good interpersonal skills.