Manager, Process & Governance, Commercial Banking, Qatar
- Al Shahaniyah, Rayyan, Qatar Al Shahaniyah Rayyan QA
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 17 Apr 18 2018-04-17
We are currently looking for Manager Process & Governance / Business Operation Risk to manage the risk within the Commercial Banking Business in Qatar
We have an opportunity for a Manager Process & Governance/ Business Operational Risk Manager to represents the Commercial Banking (CB) business as a first line of defense, implements the Standard Chartered Operational Risk Framework (ORF), and supports the Group's Operational Risk policy and associated operational risk procedures to ensure that operational risk is effectively managed at the business unit level. The Business Operational Risk Manager is expected to focus on Commercial Banking controls, governance and supervision at all times:
Responsibilities (not restricted to):
* Ensure that all material operational risks are identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored and reported to relevant governance forums
* Assist in Managing the CB Business Operational Risk Forum (BORF) in the country. Ensure absolute adherence to country BAU OR deadlines and effective business escalation from BORF to the Country Operational Risk Committee (CORC), Process Governance Committee, and Group Business Risk Committee (GBRC). Perform RRAs and discuss the same with the PO, RCO and ORO.
* Participate in peer reviews in the CB business; this may involve travel to other markets to conduct such reviews and share best practice
* Develop control enhancements to ensure that any known risks are controlled within acceptable boundaries and consistent standard.
* Mentor CB staff across all segments on business controls, governance and supervision
* Be the go-to person for the business, for all operational risk related incidents/queries/events that arise, and become a business 'Front to Back' subject matter expert in all products offered by SCB in a market
* Coordinate with stakeholders in the country and with other CB Operational Risk Managers to increase transparency and share key learnings and best practice
* Ensure compliance with policies applicable to CB which impact operational risk. Challenge processes, procedures and policy if there is a better way to do things
* Escalate issues, blockages, challenges and trends to The RegionalHead Process and Governance and CB Head when required
* Speak Out about emerging risks or Known-Unknowns and try and change the way things are done - making BAU (your job) easier
* Understand, implement where required and focus on Regulations, regulatory compliance and associated operational risks
* Network extensively, and drive change / improvements
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful applicant will represents the Commercial Banking (CB) business as a first line of defense, implements the Standard Chartered Operational Risk Framework (ORF), and supports the Group's Operational Risk policy and associated operational risk procedures to ensure that operational risk is effectively managed at the business unit level. The Business Operational Risk Manager must ( is expected to) focus on CB controls, governance and supervision at all times.
- Arabic language skills preferred (not essential)
- Strong English business language skills (essential)
- An understanding of Commercial Banking / SME Banking advantageous
- Previous experiece within Operational Risk hugely beneficial
- Client focused, ability to work in a team
- The ability to challenge process, come up with new ideas, suggest process controls and enhancements
A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...