Treasury - Product Control (P&L and Risk) - Associate
T/CIO Global Operations is part of the Treasury/Chief Investment Office (T/CIO) which is responsible for firm wide asset and liability management including:
- Aggregating and managing the firm's structural interest rate risk, primarily through a global investment portfolio.
- Managing the firm's funding and liabilities, including both long term debt and short term cash deployment.
- Aggregating, managing and reporting the firm's liquidity risk.
- Aggregating and managing the firm's structural foreign exchange.
- Managing the end to end risk weighted assets and capital process.
The execution middle office provides transaction analysis, P&L and risk, and project support to the T/CIO desks which execute transactions and manage resulting positions. You will participate in the effort to ensure the business's dynamic environment is well supported and properly controlled. Due to the constant evolution of business and regulatory initiatives, your role will necessitate your involvement in daily processes as well as drive projects. You will work closely with Portfolio Managers to fully understand business drivers and support requirements, as well as colleagues within settlement, financial control, market risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk, and technology.
A qualified candidate will possess a financial mindset, an appreciation for complex system flows and the controls necessary to ensure their accuracy, a thorough understanding of financial instruments and relevant accounting principles, an aptitude for root/cause analysis, and an overriding eagerness to exhibit leadership and drive. Responsibilities :
- Production and substantiation of P&L and Risk to CIO/Treasury FO/Management
- Provide supervisory oversight of daily P&L/Risk process and Regional/Global management reporting
- Provide oversight of daily system to system reconciliations
- Oversight/Monitor various corporate feeds relating to CIO & Treasury
- Monitor Market Risk related controls- includes updating/monitoring of risk limits, report clean P&L for VaR back testing, various risk reporting
- Monitor Credit risk related controls and includes working in close partnership with Credit Risk & reporting teams, produce country risk reporting, monitoring and escalation of collateral valuation differences
- Contribute to New Business initiatives including active participation to on-board a new product & designing MO work flow, provide analysis/advice around booking strategies & operational procedures
- Actively run Strategic Re-engineering and global projects involving front/back end systems and closely partner across 3 regions.
- Provide support for any ad hoc requests and queries from various stakeholders
- Review current processes, identify opportunities for improving efficiency & controls and delivering tactical/strategic solutions
- Work in close partnership with Market Risk, Credit Risk, Business Management, Trade support, Financial controllers, VCG, Technology, PMO & other regional MO to ensure adequate controls on overall P&L & Risk numbers
- Understand & contribute to various control frameworks, i.e. Control Self Assessment (CSA), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) & Business Control Committees (BCC's)
- Participate and contribute to firm-wide initiatives which includes global projects on re-engineering risk management & back office system, improvement on reporting analytics on market, credit & country related
About J.P. Morgan:
- Degree Holder major in Finance, Accounting, Risk e.g. CPA, CFA, FRM or other management discipline
- 3 years or above with top tier banks in Middle Office, Market Risk, Valuation, Finance or Product Control
- In depth understanding in trade life cycle, P&L explains, Market Risk reporting
- Strong leadership and management skills, self-starter & can lead and motivate team members
- Works independently and takes decisions, escalates when appropriate
- Good communication skills, robust and credible partner
- Detail oriented, ability to deep dive on processes and improve controls/efficiencies
- Good derivatives product knowledge with hands on experience in FX, Interest Rate, Fixed income & Treasury products
- Good understanding of transaction cycle, infrastructure & associated operational and financial processes and controls
- Strong relationship-building and networking skills
- Ability to deal with high level of adhoc requests and deliver under pressure
- Excel/ MS PowerPoint proficiency
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.