Technology, Operations Engineering, Funding and Liquidity Execution Technology, Associate, Warsaw
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 12 Dec 17 2017-12-12
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB TECHNOLOGY
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Interested in a job now? Have a global impact with Goldman Sachs without moving!
• Goldman Sachs occupies a state of the art office at the top of the Warsaw Spire. We are hiring people who want to work on extremely interesting challenges with a global impact in the financial sector. We are building a full service office which is a peer of our other GS offices. You will benefit from working alongside Operations, Finance and HCM divisions all with full ownership for their functions or products.
• We are hiring for a number of teams that between them are using dozens of the technologies: Java 8, C++, Hadoop, Scala, Elastic, Kafka, Docker, Linux, both SQL & non SQL DB's… to mention a very few.
• We build a lot, in fact we have 1.5BN lines of code running across a huge infrastructure with 38PB of storage, 550k compute cores and >16 million software changes per month. We also give back to Open Source community (e.g. Eclipse Collections) and stay close to the start-up scene
• Our people have complete product ownership: requirements, code, test and deploy. We run a low friction SDLC where you learn from peer code review. You will help us towards our goal of continuous build and cloud deploy everywhere.
• We care a hugely about our work environment, casual dress code, height adjustable desks and small (~5 person) teams. We like to run a lean & flat structure where everyone is happy to help out.
• We love to learn and offer a superb training that features free access to Pluralsight, Safari Books, Harvard Business Review and Egghead training platforms. We run internal MOOC (curated learning), soft skills education, women's mentoring program, and London based promotion courses.
• At GS we have a culture of giving, last year over 25K of our people volunteered on 1600 community projects across the world, this extends locally with support for Warszawa Business Run and IT for SHE women's program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Challenging work - what will you do?
• You will be part of the global team driving large scale re-engineering of the systems consist of real-time Liquidity & Repo Trade Processing. Our key clients are Front Office Traders, Liquidity Operations & Corporate Treasury located in New York/Jersey City, London, Bengaluru & Warsaw. They rely on the real-time critical data provided by our system for funding decisions.
• You will be translating business and technical requirements into well-engineered business applications. You will be working in close collaboration with teams in Jersey City, London, Bengaluru & Warsaw.
• Be part of a large community of like-minded technologists in a very flat organization with a culture that promotes teamwork.
We are looking for candidates who have:
• Advanced programming skills in Java
• Experience in domain driven design
• Experience of using a test driven development approach and associated testing tools.
• Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and designing for performance and resiliency.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving skills
• Analytical skills to perform technical and functional analysis.
• Openness for acquiring new skills and learning new technologies.
• Experience with JMS (messaging).
• Self-motivation to learn about new businesses and ownership of development projects and related support issues.
• Experience in leading and managing end to end projects in an agile team with multiple global stakeholders.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.