Technology, FICC Technology, Java Developer, Associate, Warsaw
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Goldman Sachs occupies a state of the art office at the top of the Warsaw Spire. We are hiring people who want to work on interesting challenges with a global impact in the financial sector.
We are building a full service office which is a peer of our other global GS offices. You will benefit from working alongside Operations, Finance and HCM divisions all with full ownership for their functions or products.
We are hiring for teams using dozens of technologies; Java 8, C++, Hadoop, Scala, Elastic, Kafka, Docker, Linux, both SQL & non SQL DB's…to mention a few.
We build a lot, in fact we have 1.5BN lines of code running across a huge infrastructure with 38PB of storage and 550k compute cores. We also give back to the Open Source community (e.g. Eclipse collections) and stay close to the start-up scene.
Our people have complete product ownership; requirements, coding, testing and deployment. We run a low friction SDLC where you learn from peer code review. You will help us progress toward our goal of continuous build and cloud deployment everywhere.
We care about our work environment and have a casual dress code. We like to run a lean & flat structure where everyone is happy to help out.
We love to learn and offer robust training resources, including free access to Pluralsight, Safari books, Harvard Business Review and Egghead training platforms. We run internal MOOC-like curated learning, soft skills education, a women's mentoring program and more.
We have a culture of giving back; last year over 25,000 of our people volunteered on 1,600 community projects across the world. Locally we supported the Warszawa Business Run and IT for SHE Women's Program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Challenging work - what will you do?
• The FICC Technology division works directly with the FICC Trading and Sales teams to develop next generation systems to achieve their business goals. It is a fast paced environment where individuals with strong development and interpersonal skills gain a unique insight into how financial markets work.
• You will be designing and building applications that will be used by Front Office teams to capture pre-trade information, publish quotes, capture new data attributes in trades to list a few projects.
• Longer term the team will be responsible for designing and building systems that will be used across all asset classes within FICC.
• In this team, you will learn about all the asset classes within FICC - Commodities, FX, Interest Rates, Credit and Mortgages.
• You will work with various technologies including and not limited to Java, C#, HTML5, Apache Spark, Kafka, MongoDb, Linux.
We are looking for candidates who have:
• Experience with at least one programming language, and eagerness to develop this further and learn.
• Ability to design and build robust applications.
• An interest to learn about the business and help the firm by providing strategic solutions.
• Great communication skills - as daily coordination with our global team is essential.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.