Specialist - Compliance (C4)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Identify, assess and mitigate Financial Crime Risk through the High Risk Client Unit ("HRCU") Command, Control, Communication and Coordination ("C4") process.
- This is a Poland, High Risk Client Unit role that involves the recording and initial assessment of events indicating potential financial crime. It includes supporting the Head, C4 by providing information and analysis to enable them to coordinate the HRCU and Group's response to the event.
- The role also includes assisting in the proper coordination and tracking of post-investigative actions to ensure these are completed in a timely fashion by the action owners.
- Support Head, C4 and HRCU teams located globally by carrying out the Recording, Triage and Initial Assessment processes in the C4 process.
- Recording of events escalated to C4 in dedicated case management system
- Triage of events escalated to C4 to determine whether they meet the agreed escalation criteria agreed between C4 and the HRCU or FCC team or individuals escalating the event.
- Carrying out of Initial Assessment to include:
- Creating running list of individuals and entities of interest using a risk based approach
- Preparing a report within agreed Turn Around Time for Head, C4 answering the following:
- Does the Group have a relationship with the individuals or entities named in the event?
- Has the Group had a relationship with the individuals or entities named in the event in the past, in particular at the time that the event took place?
- If there is an existing relationship, is it active?
- If there is an existing relationship is active, is the client transacting?
- Are the individuals and entities named in the event carrying out transactions via Correspondent Banking?
- Other questions as required.
- Such report to be compiled using:
- Global name screening
- Transaction exposure through FCC Explorer checks
- Collection of client of concern information
- Collection and analysis of alert and case dispositions and escalations
- Collection of Intelligence Exchange information
- Collection of Production Order and other court order information
- Check to determine if relevant EDD/PDD or CIR has been completed
- Adverse Media
- Other related work
Our Ideal Candidate
- Assisting Head, C4 in coordinating and tracking post-investigative actions to ensure completion in a timely fashion by the action owners.
- Degree from a reputed university
- Any AML certification like CAMS / ICA (preferable)
- Minimum four or five years of relevant experience
- Experience in KYC, CDD area will be an asset
- Very good command of English
- Ability to communicate in clearly manner
- Eligiblity to work in Poland
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.