Software engineer - Financial Cloud
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
Our Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, serves millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, and financial tools. Our goal is to build a leading consumer digital-banking platform and to do this we have two self-reinforcing consumer strategies: direct, where we serve consumers through Marcus, and embedded, where we deliver our products through partner ecosystems. Our partners include Apple, GM, Amazon, Walmart, and Jet Blue and we are in active dialogue with additional companies operating in the consumer economy. As we continue to scale our embedded strategy, we are building a consumer Banking-as-a-Service platform to enable partners to offer consumer financial products directly within their own customer experience. Learn more about our strategy here .
Our team in Warsaw uses modern architecture principles and technology, a collaborative development process, and a continuous delivery approach. Key tenets that we apply when designing systems for our customers are: value, transparency, and simplicity. To achieve these, we rely heavily on automated, data driven decision processes using predictive analytics and machine learning. Our system architecture consists mainly of microservices built using Spring Boot, Vert.x, Kafka, and MongoDB.
As we continue building a leading consumer digital-banking platform and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for experienced engineers to join our team. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will develop a consumer Banking-as-a-Service platform that enables partners to embed consumer financial products directly within their own customer experience
- You build it: engineers are in control of decisions about systems they own from the first line of code written
- You run it: engineers, with assistance from our global SRE teams, are responsible for the operation of systems they built
- You own it: engineers do not wait for orders here. They do research, pitch projects. Great ideas are valued and implemented
- You grow your professional network: engineers meet and collaborate with influential leaders across our global organization and throughout the industry
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Solid knowledge of Java 8/11, JUnit
- Experience working with Restful web services
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership of and accountability for projects
- Interest in using Kafka as messaging middleware
- Interest in utilizing high-scale NoSQL solutions like MongoDB
- Looking to learn more about the principles of Continuous Delivery, DevOps and System Reliability Engineering
- Curious about cloud infrastructure expertise, preferably AWS
- Interest in learning about designing distributed systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity