Software Engineer - Systematic Trading Strategies
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Systematic Trading Strategies (STS) Engineering
Do you think that computer algorithms can outperforms market benchmarks? In Systematic Trading Strategies (STS) group we believe they can, we start by combining academic research with industry leading trading expertize to create automated strategies designed to achieve our client needs; whether that's profitable returns, diversification or systematic hedging. This has some similarities to the hedge funds, but we have the benefit of leveraging the banks cutting-edge sell-side technology stack and operational efficiency to lower costs and increase transparency.
STS Engineering is one of the many businesses aligned teams within GS's Technology department, the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop low latency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at Goldman Sachs. Our STS Engineering team in Warsaw focus on:
- Building our client analytics platform, making sure our clients have the information they need to monitor they're performance, understand their risk and make critical business decisions. The developers have ownership of the full SDLC of the platform including end-client delivery.
- Development of infrastructure underpinning the desk's activities - financial Index construction and calculation
Strategic development - Driving the business towards automation and client self-service through innovation and product development
Client delivery - Implementing complex/bespoke client analytics in support of new business/revenue opportunities
Support - Working as a team to ensuring the continuous, accurate, timely delivery of sensitive client reporting Why STS Engineering:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Our team offers a unique opportunity to engage with many stakeholders, internal and external, to solve their analytics problem
- We have a diverse universe of projects to work on, keeping everyone from the mathematical genius to the code wizard hooked.
- The relatively young and fast growing business of STS requires participation in architecture design for green-field builds and incremental enhancements of our existing state of the art infrastructure.
- Exposure to a huge client base, from our internal sales and trading teams to world leading asset managers, pension funds and other financial institutions.
- Learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology, and math who are diverse in their academic, professional and cultural backgrounds.
Extra Qualifications (advantage, not required)
- Advanced programming skills (we are looking for both junior and experienced programmers - exact programming language is of lesser importance)
- Excellent communication skills (our role requires lot of collaboration with different teams and inside our team)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to work in a very complex environments, with many stakeholders and different technologies
- Very rigid architectural and design skills that allows to build solution that scale well and allows to incorporate different reporting requirements in one aligned platform
- Ability to bring innovations and progress by integration of new technologies within current technology software stack.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Interest in Financial Markets, especially in derivatives products and derivatives business
- Experience in functional / scripted programming
- Familiarity with modern web technologies (React, REST)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity