Software Engineer/Data Engineer - Data Design & Curation
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Data Design and Curation Team
Curate, design and catalogue high quality data solutions to ensure that data is accessible and reliable for internal firmwide engineering teams. We work with internal clients to help them leverage the frameworks, tooling, apis that we are building. We work with clients to understand both existing and potential datasets in an engineering and business context. This will allow for data-driven insight and decision-making critical to GS's business processes, in order to expose data in a scalable and effective manner. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Why join the team?
- We work with internal engineering and business teams to help solve their business data needs by using standard Data Engineering data pipelines and modeling tools that we also enhance
- We drive adoption of Cloud technologies for data processing and warehousing
- We engage with data consumers and producers in order to design appropriate models and services to meet their needs
- We collaborate with global team members
- We work in an agile environment, using but not limited to the following technologies: Java , AWS, Snowflake, S3, Aurora, IQ, PostGres, Kubernetes, Alloy-Legend, SecDB (proprietary)
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in a computational field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or in a related discipline)
- Solid knowledge Java (or other OO languages), Python and the ability to learn new languages/technologies
- In-depth knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
- General knowledge of working with complex business processes, data flows and consuming large amounts of data
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Interest in Financial Services industry
- Nice to have: experience with Hadoop, Spark, or Cloud Technologies
- Experience working with complex business and data processes
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.