Senior Java Developer - Regulatory Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Regulatory Engineering supports rapidly evolving obligations to expose clear and transparent data on trade executions, and positions managed by the firm. This includes development of both real time and batch systems, and our team is at the leading edge of the industry's response to a new and exciting set of reforms.
As well as ensuring compliance of existing businesses with new requirements, the team is heavily involved at the inception of new business initiatives, and we have engagement with a wide set of stakeholders both inside the firm and externally with others in the industry. The role demands responsiveness, attention to detail, and a keen interest in both business and technical aspects of our systems. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Role Details:
- Implement a corrective reporting system to update, validate and submit trade to external regulators.
- Solve challenging data problems. Ensure data correctness while processing of millions of rows of data. Find the most effective ways to aggregate and present the data to end users. Become a data scientist.
- Use Java/Spring/Spark/Scala technology stack to develop effective data correction services.
- Work with 3 rd party providers to integrate and extend industry tools
- Build relationships with end users to understand the business and suggest improvements to existing tools and processes.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the junior members of the team both on project level and career level.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of financial instruments across multiple asset classes ranging from high volume FX trades to complex Commodities, Credit, Equities and Interest Rate derivatives.
Preferred technical experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (e.g. Computer Science)
- Solid knowledge of Java 8/11 , design patterns and algorithmic foundations
- Commercial experience in a complex environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Distributed caching such as Hazelcast
- noSQL datastores such as MongoDB
- Spring Batch
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.