Senior Java Developer - Marquee Execution
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Marquee team at Goldman Sachs is responsible for delivering digital products to our institutional client base. We design and build highly scalable web platforms that provide access to Goldman Sachs content, portfolio analytics, risk, and execution services. These tools help to transform and simplify client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models for a leader in global financial markets. Marquee is a product driven team, composed of talented and passionate product managers, designers, and engineers working to change the expectation of institutional finance.
As an engineer within Marquee, you will be working in a close knit team at the forefront of shaping our client's experience by creating new technology driven businesses to externalize our core analytics and data to both existing clients and entirely new markets. At times you will be asked to step into the trading floor environment and at others you will be called upon to guide the decisions of leadership. Wherever your interests fall, you will find your calling amidst our diverse mix of teams and functions.
Using leading open source technologies, we are scaling to a multitude of API calls which are used by clients across the globe. We are pursuing engineers across the stack who enjoy working in a client driven and agile environment; from those who are confident developing low latency, scalable and resilient solutions through individuals passionate in implementing responsive user interfaces. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement scalable APIs for data and risk calculation, modification and storage
- Expression of market data in various coordinate systems and mappings between them
- Work in a fast-paced environment as a self-starter
- Strive for personal and collaborative excellence in everything you do
- Collaborate efficiently within a diverse global team spanning multiple continents
- Build consensus across teams; think and implement stable and scalable designs to support the Firm's focus on system convergence and externalization
- Client focus: think of APIs as a service and provide internal and external users with outstanding SLAs
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field: Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or well documented long programming history
- Knowledge about popular design patterns, algorithms and data structures
- Excellent programming skills in Java or other JVM programming language
- Experience designing scalable and reliable systems, with a focus on APIs / modularity
- Efficient and effective communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Commercial awareness
- Knowledge of financial markets, particularly from a trading viewpoint
- Ability to support a trading desk or external clients under significant time pressure
- Good knowledge of relative SQL databases
- Experience working with large-scale low-latency distributed systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity