Senior Auditor - Market Ops
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 19
Senior Auditor - Market Ops
- Primary Location: Poland,Mazowieckie,Warsaw
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19005086
Internal Audit (IA) is a global organization of over 1800 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
ICG Operations is a key support and control partner to the businesses within ICG that include Markets, Securities Services, Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) and Treasury and Trade Solutions, providing operational support to a number of sites primarily in the U.K. but also across EMEA and globally.
The EMEA 'Markets Operations Service Centre's and Cross Product Utility' IA team is a seven-member team led by a Senior Audit Manager responsible for coverage of the EMEA region.
- Product knowledge of Markets processes is desirable but not essential;
- Solid understanding of operations processes e.g. settlements, payments, corporate actions, margining, reconciliations, loan processing and regulatory compliance;
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the risk assessment and business monitoring process;
- Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business;
- Performs audits in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including assisting with drafting of audit reports and presenting issues to business management;
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought;
- Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes and costs;
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology including the development of automated routines;
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses;
- May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which have an impact on audits and risk assessments.
- Degree or equivalent combination of education / experience;
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA or similar) are a plus;
- Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholder's high quality deliverables, according to strict timetables;
- Possesses strong organizational and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative, intuitive thinking and ability to work proactively without close supervision;
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in presenting issues and strength in sustaining independent views;
- Articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners;
- A strong team player and a key contributor to the team's overall goals;
- Self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility;
- Proven track record of experience in financial services/capital markets audit/business/operations;
- Experience in or familiarity with financial regulations, governance requirements and regulatory expectations e.g. MIFID II, CTFC Dodd Frank etc, will be a distinct advantage.
- Opportunity to work in an international environment
- Cooperation with a high quality team in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies
- Excellent working environment
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits