Citibank Europe plc Location:
Warsaw, Poland, Generation Park Job Function:
Internal Audit Employee Status:
Regular Job ID:
19129536 Who we are: Citibank Europe plc
is the main EU banking entity for Citi in EMEA with a presence in 22 European countries. Working in our organization involves working on international projects in a culturally diverse and dynamic environment, as well as learning top quality organizational culture.
Our Warsaw-based Internal Audit
is a global organization which sits proudly within Citibank Europe as one of its key components with over 1500 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service. We provide independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe. Job purpose:
The successful Candidate will join the team of EMEA IA Citi Private Bank auditors, located in Warsaw and Zurich, and will report to Senior Audit Manager (based in Warsaw).
As a Senior Auditor, you will be responsible for managing a small team of 2-3 people in performing moderately complex audits and assessments of Citi's risk and control environments in coordination with the Audit team. The overall objective of this role is to apply in-depth disciplinary knowledge of banking, lending, capital markets and investment products through value-added perspectives or advisory service in order to help Citi reach the key business goals. You will bring your expertise and insight into the planning, fieldwork and reporting phase and participate in other key audit activities.
In this role, you will contribute significantly to audit processes improvements. By working in a multi-country coverage team, you will have the opportunity to travel within the region. Responsibilities:
Key skills and qualifications
- Manage a team of internal audit professionals that performs moderately complex audits
- Complete assigned audits within budgeted timeframes and budgeted costs
- Monitor, assess, and recommend solutions to emerging risks
- Contribute to the development of audit processes improvements, including the development of automated routines to help focus audit testing
- Draft audit reports and present issues to the business while discussing practical cross-functional solutions
- Recommend appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues
- Apply understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance
- Understand and keep pace with global, regional and local regulatory requirements applicable to the Private Banking Business (US, EU, UK, Jer & CH) and integrate knowledge into planning, fieldwork and reporting phase.
- Develop internal audit staff and provide coaching to team members.
- Some international travel may be required (up to 15%)
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in internal or external audit, compliance or risk management
- Able to properly assess risk when business decisions are made, while showing particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets
- Can demonstrate the ability to drive compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations as well as adhere to Policy
- Competent in applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices
- Experienced and skilled in escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervising the activity of others and creating accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards
- Advanced Excel skills are essential and so is ability to demonstrate initiative
- Strong project management, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Product knowledge is highly welcome though not essential
- Analytical mind and affinity for technology would be a distinct advantage as you will contribute to building/improving our automation processes.
- Very good written and spoken English skills.
What we offer
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
- Professional development in an international role which provides a regular exposure to auditing activities in numerous countries within EMEA region.
- Senior Management exposure; Manage senior Citi Stakeholders.
- An enjoyable and challenging learning path which leads to a deep understanding of Citi's products and services as well as development of your personal skills.
- Competitive social benefits (medical care, Multisport, life insurance, pension plan, holiday allowance, flexible working schedule and other).
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - PL
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .