Senior Audit Manager - ICG Compliance
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 May 19
Senior Audit Manager - ICG Compliance
- Primary Location: Poland,Mazowieckie,Warsaw
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19011893
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1800 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
- Develop and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for Regulatory Compliance.
- Deliver on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation including branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Direct complex audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
- Proactively advance integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
- Closely follow latest trends in own field and adapt them for application within own job and the business
- Manage a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit, including a medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals.
- Lead the professional development of Internal Audit staff.
- Develop effective senior line management relationships and build a strong understanding of the businesses.
- Applyies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrate strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Participate in major business initiatives and pro-actively advise and assist the business on change initiatives.
- Frequently involve in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues.
- Analyze reporting findings; recommend appropriate interventions where needed.
- Propose creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems.
- Partner with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
- Serve as lead reviewer for all types of reviews, including the most complex, approve Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Greater than 10 years of experience in areas related to banking regulations, Compliance programs, local standards, and internal policies.
- Senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of the Financial Service Industry, especially those associated with the Compliance and Regulatory Risk.
- Broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations.
- Experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- Opportunity to work in an international environment in an independent senior managerial role for EMEA
- Cooperation with a high quality team in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies
- Excellent working environment
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits