Risk, Risk Engineering - Liquidity Risk Analytics & Reporting, Vice President, Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB DIVISION OVERVIEW - RISK
The Risk Division aims to effectively identify, monitor, evaluate, and manage the firm's financial and operational risks - including reputational risk - in support of the firm's strategic plan.
Our Risk division develops comprehensive processes to monitor, assess, and manage the risk of expected and unexpected events that may have an adverse impact on the firm. Risk teams play a critical function for the firm, driving how the firm takes and manages risk. Risk professionals execute critical day-to-day risk management activities, lead projects and contribute to the ongoing advancement of a robust risk management program. Effective coordination with executive management, business units, control departments and technology is critical for success.
We are at the forefront of the most recent engineering solutions, including cloud computing and big data, to better manage compute costs for the firm given increasing demands related to asset pricing and scenario generation.
Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW - RISK ENGINEERING
Risk Engineering (RE) is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework, with a responsibility to provide robust metrics, data-driven insights, and effective technologies for risk measurement and management. RE is staffed globally with offices including Dallas, New Jersey, New York, Salt Lake City, London, Warsaw, Frankfurt, Bengaluru, Singapore and Tokyo.
As a member of the RE team, you will interface with a variety of divisions around the firm. The interaction with numerous departments and the ensuing diverse projects allow for a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment. As a member of the Analytics and Reporting Team within RE, you will play a key role in providing understanding of and insight into existing and emerging risks to the Firm, highlighting important and topical risk features, facilitating and informing risk management decisions, as well as certifying risk information for use in management, regulatory, and financial reporting. The group is responsible for employing the complete capabilities of Risk Engineering to maximize significance, quality, efficiency, speed, and reliability while ensuring clear accountability and attribution of the analytics produced. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
- Analyse the risks inherent in the products GS transacts, including lending, trading and derivative products
- Assist in quantifying risk calculations for a large, diverse and complex risk portfolio. This involves designing, implementing and executing programmatic tools that query large data sets
- Understand and interpret the metrics generated by models in order to perform risk analysis
- Design and maintaining a set of controls that ensure the completeness and accuracy of quantitative measures
- Monitor, manage and report exposures at a counterpart, product and portfolio level
- Perform anomaly detections in large data sets, investigating the cause and recommending corrective actions
- Lead and motivate engaged and diverse local team, providing guidance to and supervision of junior members
- Interact with various other groups such as risk modellers, technology, trading desks and risk committees to explain the results of calculations and inform risk management decisions
- Interact with external regulators and industry bodies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Approximately 8 or more years of experience within a risk management role or other financial analytical backgrounds such as mathematics, physics, statistics or engineering
- Must be able to provide direction, training, motivation and career development coaching to an engaged and diverse local team
- Must foster a collaborative team environment with an open communication culture
- Technology aptitude and programming skills are a plus
- Experience or keen interest to develop expertise in derivative products and risk calculation methodologies
- Interest in financial markets and risk management, motivated by learning and continuous improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships remotely with people from different departments and levels of seniority
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Ability to work independently, form own judgment/opinions, provide insights and drive change
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.