Risk - Model Risk Management - Associate - Warsaw
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Founded in 1869, Goldman Sachs has long sustained a commitment to hiring and training outstanding leaders. Our business principles are rooted in integrity, a commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. These values enable us to execute successfully a business strategy that is focused on extraordinary client service and superior long-term financial performance for our shareholders.
We conduct our business in increasingly complex markets. Our people must continually find new ways to provide access to capital, manage risk and provide investment opportunities for our clients to enable them to realize their goals. We judge ourselves on our ability to help clients anticipate and respond to changing market conditions and to create opportunities that merit the trust they place in us.
We are currently seeking candidates for the Controllers Modeling (CM) group within Finance Division. CM is a multidisciplinary group of quantitative experts focusing on independent price verification, regulatory capital measurement and stress tests architecture. The group is primarily responsible for modeling and quantifying market risk and market risk capital pertaining to the three areas mentioned. What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists' groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Opportunities for PhDs
The responsibilities of the associates would include:
- Develop quantitative solutions to facilitate financial product control, including the development of price verification models. An Analyst/Associate will analyze the quality and availability of data inputs to the models, and will design them accordingly.
- Providing ongoing testing and support for existing models.
- Documentation and quality control of models.
- Performing exotic derivative pricing analyses.
- Explore large datasets from product control in order to extract value and insight and to build efficient workflow.
In performing this job function an Analyst/Associate will have the following opportunities:
- Broad exposure to pricing and calibration models for a variety of products
- Exposure to challenging quantitative problems such as modeling risks for derivatives, large scale Monte-Carlo simulations of complete portfolios across the firm, fast and accurate approximate market risk measurements.
- Development of quantitative and programming skills as well as product and market knowledge.
- Opportunities to work with product controllers in various areas of the firm.
- Dynamic team work environment.
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
- PhD or Master's candidate in a quantitative field such as mathematics, physics, statistics or engineering.
- Excellent command of mathematics, modeling and numerical algorithms. Good knowledge of statistics and time series analysis is a definite plus.
- Strong programming skills and experience with an object oriented programming language .
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated team player
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity