Risk - Credit Risk - Funds - Associate - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Your impact
How would you like to be involved in a central part of Goldman Sachs' risk management framework? We are looking for highly motivated individuals with strong analytical skills and a broad interest in financial and economic markets. Our credit professionals make a critical contribution to management of the firm's risk on a daily basis. These roles enable individuals to develop expertise in financial and business analysis of mutual funds and hedge funds, as well as the risks inherent in derivative, funding and lending products, and to take on increasing responsibility over time. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Risk Division is a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Credit Risk works closely with the CRO / senior management to manage Goldman Sachs' credit risk. Credit professionals protect the firm's capital by using in-depth knowledge of our clients, markets, and trading products to make decisions on acceptable level of firm's risk appetite. Staffed with 300 professionals, Credit Risk operates through 11 different offices around the world. Credit Risk provides a unique opportunity to develop a variety of professional skills and expertise in risk management while working on financial transactions. Your responsibilities
Skills/experience we are looking for:
- Approving credit reviews and assessing the credit and financial strength of the firm's trading counterparts from funds industry (Hedge Funds, Mutual Funds, Pension Funds, Family Offices & Private Equity)
- Assigning internal credit ratings and setting trading limits for derivatives, brokerage, and lending exposure.
- Handle live transactions by providing quantitative and qualitative credit risk analysis, measuring the credit risk, and determining relevant terms.
- Conducting due diligence calls and meetings with hedge funds and private equity firms.
- Leading legal negotiations of ISDA/CSA and other documentation from the Credit side.
- Participating in portfolio reviews to identify risk developments or concentrations.
- Participating in credit committees, product team meetings and related project meetings.
- Reporting to senior management and interacting with regulators and third party constituents on risk management topics and inquiries.
- Developing and managing relationships with other areas of the firm, including Sales & Trading, Investment Banking, Operations, Collateral Management, Legal, Compliance, and Technology.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- At least 5 years of experience in an analytical financial role, preferably within credit risk management. Specific experience covering the hedge / mutual / pension funds / family offices would be an advantage.
- Broad knowledge of GS's business.
- Strong interest and familiarity with finance, financial markets, and economic developments.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience of providing training and guidance to more junior colleagues.
- Ability to work flexibly in teams and manage a varied workload to meet deadlines.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity