Risk - Credit Risk - Corporate - Vice President - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB RISK
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm . RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
How would you like to be involved in a central part of Goldman Sachs' risk management framework? We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is able to deliver credit risk analysis on complex corporate transactions, on the basis of a thorough understanding of credit fundamentals, of leveraged capital structures and of risks associated with lending and derivatives products. You will be responsible, from a Credit Risk standpoint, of a portfolio of EMEA Corporates, and you will have expected to manage it on the basis of a deep understanding of credit fundamentals, market trends, impact of changing regulation requirements and risks associated with derivatives products and complex transactions. The fulfillment of your role will require frequent interaction with Sales & Trading and Investment Banking, as well as with senior members of Risk and other control areas to provide solutions for clients that are consistent with the risk appetite and underwriting standards of GS. OUR IMPACT
The Risk Division is a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Credit Risk works closely with the CRO / senior management to manage Goldman Sachs' credit risk. Credit professionals protect the firm's capital by using in-depth knowledge of our clients, markets, and trading products to make decisions on acceptable level of firm's risk appetite. Staffed with! more than 400 professionals, Credit Risk operates through 11 different offices around the world. Credit Risk provides a unique opportunity to develop a variety of professional skills and expertise in risk management while working on financial transactions. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Provide senior credit risk management coverage of a portfolio of clients in the EMEA and APAC Corporates space
- Approve counterparty internal credit research reviews with proposed credit ratings and analysis conducted by the analysts
- Review the analysis of all credit facilities of the portfolio counterparties, review and approve 7 year cashflow projections, valuation analysis and recommendations of Regulatory Risk Ratings provided by credit research analysis
- Present findings and rating recommendations to senior leadership and answer questions relating to analysis performed
- Lead efforts to produce ongoing surveillance and prepare portfolio observations for senior management
- Become industry expert on the covered portfolio
- Support relevant teams in other locations in ECB regulated portfolio maintenance and compliance with European supervisory regulations in corporate space
- Support key Risk governance and approval committees
- Work on various global efficiency enhancement projects to improve the current rating process
- Participate in regulatory examinations, other internal and external audit exams
- Supervise, motivate and organize work of junior team members
- Develop and manage relationships with colleagues from the broader risk division as well as with other areas of the firm
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Solid experience in corporate credit analysis, across lending and derivatives products
- Experience in financial models including, but not limited to, future projections, valuation methods (such as DCF, Multiple based approach)
- Experience in presenting and defending rating recommendations and credit analysis reports and findings to colleagues, senior management and internal stakeholders
- Experience of collaborating with various internal teams e.g. Legal, Underwriting etc.
- Team player with an ability to work effectively with colleagues in other regional offices
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience of supporting change initiatives required
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Must be able to supervise, motivate and provide guidance to juniors on the team
- Strong understanding of ECB Banking supervisory regulations would be an advantage
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity