Risk - Credit Risk - Corporate - Associate - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Risk Division, Corporate Credit Research Group
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm. Corporate Credit Research Group provides fundamental credit analysis of corporate lending and derivatives trading clients and ensures appropriate internal credit rating maintenance in terms of accuracy and timeliness. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How would you like to be involved in a central part of Goldman Sachs' risk management framework? We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is able to deliver credit risk analysis on corporate transactions, on the basis of a thorough understanding of credit fundamentals, of leveraged capital structures and of risks associated with lending and derivatives products. You will be responsible, from a Credit Risk standpoint, for a portfolio of EMEA / Asia Corporates, and you will be expected to manage it on the basis of a deep understanding of credit fundamentals, market trends, impact of changing regulation requirements and risks associated with lending and derivatives products transactions.
The Risk Division is a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Credit Risk works closely with the CRO / senior management to manage Goldman Sachs' credit risk. Credit professionals protect the firm's capital by using in-depth knowledge of our clients, markets, and trading products to make decisions on acceptable level of firm's risk appetite. Staffed with 300 professionals, Credit Risk operates through 11 different offices around the world. Credit Risk provides a unique opportunity to develop a variety of professional skills and expertise in risk management while working on financial transactions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Senior role in the team: subject matter expert in corporate credit analysis and leveraged lending; mentor to junior colleagues; leading role in efficiency and corporate analysis/rating methodology initiatives; point of contact for internal and external auditors and US/EMEA regulators; coverage for Shared National Credit eligible exposures,
- manage the firm's bank loan exposure in collaboration with Investment Banking Division and Portfolio Management teams in US, EMEA and Asia.
- Cover all types of leveraged lending RCF and M&A financing exposures in EMEA IG and non-IG corporate Retail, Consumer and Diversified Industrials sectors
- Assess the credit and financial strength of the firm's corporate borrowers and counterparts by performing fundamental corporate credit analysis using both quantitative and qualitative risk factors
- Determine PD and regulatory risk ratings based on an independent view of cash flow projections. Present and defend your rating recommendations at risk rating council meetings with senior credit professionals
- Conduct ongoing risk party level credit monitoring and industry specific research for covered portfolios
- Determine acceptable levels of credit exposure. Write, submit and defend annual/quarterly credit reviews
- Build and maintain financial projection models for your corporate borrowers that support your rating conclusions
- Develop and manage relationships with colleagues within global Credit Research Group and from the broader risk division in Warsaw and other locations as well as with other areas of the firm
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or Business
- Broad knowledge of financial and accounting principles and interest and familiarity with finance, financial markets and economic developments
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in an analytical financial role, preferably within credit risk management.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to self-organize and demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work flexibly in multinational environment and manage a varied workload to meet deadlines