Risk - Credit Risk - Corporate - Analyst - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Risk Division, Corporate Credit Research Group
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm. Corporate Credit Research Group provides fundamental credit analysis of corporate lending and derivatives trading clients and ensures appropriate internal credit rating maintenance in terms of accuracy and timeliness. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How would you like to be involved in a central part of Goldman Sachs' risk management framework? We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will be involved in regulatory exams, including gathering of necessary information, documents filing, preparation of responses to regulatory requests and liaising with other internal teams. Additionally, you should be able to deliver credit risk analysis on corporate transactions, on the basis of a thorough understanding of credit fundamentals and of risks associated with lending and derivatives products. You will be responsible, from a Credit Risk standpoint, for a portfolio of EMEA Corporates, and you will be expected to manage it on the basis of a deep understanding of credit fundamentals, market trends, impact of changing regulation requirements and risks associated with lending and derivatives products transactions.
The Risk Division is a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Credit Risk works closely with the CRO / senior management to manage Goldman Sachs' credit risk. Credit professionals protect the firm's capital by using in-depth knowledge of our clients, markets, and trading products to make decisions on acceptable level of firm's risk appetite. Staffed with 300 professionals, Credit Risk operates through 11 different offices around the world. Credit Risk provides a unique opportunity to develop a variety of professional skills and expertise in risk management while working on financial transactions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Participate in data gathering and information requests from ECB regulators across all aspects of credit risk exposure, policies, credit files, collateral information, etc.
- Under the supervision of senior colleagues, work on regulatory reviews of credit portfolios, policies, procedures and associated processes and documents around credit / loan risk management
- Assist in assessment of credit and financial strength of the firm's corporate borrowers and counterparts by performing fundamental credit analysis using both quantitative and qualitative risk factors
- Conduct ongoing risk party level credit monitoring and industry specific research for covered portfolios
- Support the team in annual/quarterly credit reviews and internal credit ratings maintenance
- Monitor credit trends in the portfolio, perform distressed analysis and industry scrubs
- Provide analytical support to development activities and different projects across Risk Division;
- Develop and manage relationships with colleagues from the broader Risk Division in other locations as well as with other areas of the firm
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or Business
- Broad knowledge of financial and accounting principles and interest and familiarity with finance, financial markets and economic developments
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in an analytical financial role or internal policies and methodologies maintenance, preferably within credit risk management.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Good organizational skills & demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work flexibly in multinational environment and manage a varied workload to meet deadlines
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity