Prime Brokeage & Clearing Operations Analyst - Warsaw
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland Warsaw Mazowieckie PL
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Prime Brokerage & Clearing Operations is seeking a highly skilled individual to engage in client communication and risk management. The role will include daily ownership of trade lifecycle exceptions and fail management for a set client base across the Prime Brokerage and/or Prime Clearing spectrum. It will also involve asset transfer processing including managing cash inflows and payments. The individual would be expected to partner with internal stakeholders to analyse thematic issues and work to implement enhancements within current workflows.
The individual would be expected to learn quickly, to efficiently manage time and prioritize, to effectively navigate the global organization, and demonstrate a strong desire to learn. The individual will be exposed to global markets across listed cash equity and fixed income products. The role requires strong communication skills and a focus on partnership with both internal teams and external clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OUR IMPACT
Prime Brokerage Operations provides clearing, execution and custody services for all major products across over 75 exchanges. Clients include hedge funds, asset managers, governments, corporates, broker dealers, Goldman Sachs franchise traders, other professional investors and market markers. Operations teams supporting the Prime Brokerage and Clearing Services business are responsible for providing centralized securities clearing and settlement, managing cash inflows and payments, and maintaining the accuracy of clients' positions and transactions. While interacting with various parties such as clients, clearing houses, Securities Division and Technology, Prime Brokerage Operations helps the firm and clients to manage risk exposed across these markets and products.
The candidate will be involved in trade lifecycle management (including client trade exceptions, pre-settlement and fails management) by interacting with clients, counterparty brokers, client service and various Operations teams to manage risk across these markets and products. The team is also responsible for processing the cash management needs of our Prime Brokerage and GSEC clients, adhering to appropriate controls. Additionally, the candidate would be expected to partner with other stakeholder teams (including Securities Division and Technology) to identify/resolve thematic issues, and work to implement enhancements to increase efficiency in current processes.
• Provide high level of service to external clients. Establish excellent working relationships with multiple areas across the Firm including our business partners, technology and other teams within Operations.
• Process payments, journals and securities movements in accordance with Firm guidelines.
• Apply control and risk management tools to daily processing
• Recognize the importance of maintaining the integrity of the firm's books and records
• Streamline tasks by identifying deficiencies and escalating ideas for process improvement and efficiency to manager
• Develop a detailed understanding of all activity within the Prime Brokerage Custody Services organization.
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 1+ years of experience in financial services.
• Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail.
• Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of external/internal clients with differing levels of product experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team environment. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good excel skills & comfortable presenting complex information in a structured manner
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple processing deadlines throughout the day.
• Contributes to the effectiveness of the team by working closely with colleagues by sharing information, skills, and responsibilities
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.