Operations Engineering - Regulatory Architecture and Controls - Software Engineer
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland Warsaw Mazowieckie PL
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OUR IMPACT
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Regulatory Architecture & Controls division contains teams which focus on a range of operations and business functions such as Regulatory Reporting, Tax Obligations, Reg Eligibility and Traceability controls spanning across the business units. Global technical leadership and cross-department co-operation has created a strong technology strategy which is both followed and challenged by new projects. Working with other divisions, a diverse range of technologies are used to build global, scalable and robust systems which manage financial, regulatory and reputational responsibilities of Goldman Sachs. Systems are supported through a strong global model which partners with outsourcing providers. Regulatory Architecture & Controls Technology is a global team based in New Jersey, London, Tokyo, Warsaw, Salt Lake City and Bangalore?
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong analytical, communications and client-facing skills
- Should demonstrate strong ownership skills
- Should be able to work under pressure and execute projects independently.
- Strong team player who must be able to listen, explain and help.
- Will be working with a global development team in New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Bangalor
- A proven track record in implementing Core Java and database applications
- Good understanding of OO design concepts
- Working knowledge of RDBMS (Sybase / DB2) skills including transact SQL
- Working knowledge of ORM tools - Hibernate
- Linux / Unix skills including scripting (shell)
- Good knowledge of testing frameworks (JUnit/TestNG/Fitnesse)
- Experience working with messaging and parallel transaction processing system
- 2+ years technology experience (preferably in a financial institution)
- Knowledge of financial markets would be an advantage
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.