Operations - Regulatory & Control Operations - Tax Processing Ops - Analyst - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We are open to considering requests for flexible working
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. Our division also provides critical operations design and handles capital markets operations to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices.
For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The role provides an opportunity to broaden product and market experience and develop management skills across a broad range of topics. The role gives solid exposure to senior stakeholders providing excellent opportunities for career progression. The firm provides a range of development tools including Goldman Sachs University and a formal 360 degree review process to enhance management effectiveness and equip individuals to progress in their careers.
- You will act as a risk manager for the firm through ongoing assessment and awareness of the regulatory environment and the firm's adherence to its regulatory obligations
- Industrialise and automate processes and ensure effective controls are implemented
- Exposure to impact assessments on processes for new markets, new products, business reorganizations, system changes and regulations
- Involvement in the review and interpretation of market updates to evaluate impact and outline operational proposals as to how we should adapt to that change
- Partner with key stakeholders within Operations, Trading, Corporate Tax and Technology
- You will have excellent opportunities to develop your career as change management (including regulatory changes) is at the forefront of the firm's strategy and the industry
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills with an ability to understand complex work-flows
- Results orientated - ability to balance multiple, time-sensitive projects while maintaining a longer term, strategic focus
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to influence business stakeholders and help make decisions
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive and self-starting individual with high level of ownership
- Proven track record of demonstrating successful teamwork
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills essential
- Risk Management - Awareness and understanding of Operational Risk
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Awareness of current economic and market trends impacting the financial landscape
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are realistic and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity