Operations - Regulatory & Control Operations - Derivatives Regulatory Reporting - Associate - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations division is a dynamic, multi-faceted organization that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're looking for a professional individual who wants to apply their financial market knowledge and develop their understanding of regulatory reform at the heart of the financial markets. With the continued high rate of change in the regulatory reporting space, Regulatory Operations professionals have the platform to significantly impact their environment and the wider business. Our team is seeking a professional who will collaborate with multiple stakeholders to improve the firm's compliance rates across obligations.
We are open to considering requests for flexible working. OUR IMPACT
Regulatory Operations is a global team that ensures that the firm is compliant with a wide range of non-financial regulatory reporting obligations. We partner with groups across the firm and industry to accurately represent firm and client order, execution and position information to regulators across a wide range of traded financial products and businesses. Our team prides itself on best-in class operational design and delivery of high quality controls to manage regulatory risk. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation and risk management. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Responsibilities include the following:
- Execute key risk and control processes to ensure compliance with non-financial regulatory reporting obligations
- Develop extensive subject matter expertise in major European regulations (eg. MIFID, EMIR, SFTR, FMIA, EBA)
- Consult on business and functional projects to facilitate compliant commercial activity
- Own client relationships with a focus on excellent client regulatory service
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders in the business, Engineering, Compliance and Legal to support reporting functions
- Delve into complex system infrastructure to understand impact of data flows and booking models on reporting quality
- Leverage data analytical and automation tools to detect anomalies in reporting data and improve reporting processes
- Design and lead the implementation of solutions to deliver best-in-class system and control frameworks quality
- Train and motivate colleagues to achieve personal and departmental business and risk targets.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor's degree with 3.5 years of experience in financial services
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Must have strong communication skills to clearly articulate issues and ideas, provide timely escalation
- Good interpersonal skills to build strong relationship with key stakeholders within and outside of Operations
- Self-motivated team player who has strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities within deadlines
- Working knowledge of financial markets, regulatory landscape and associated processes
- Working knowledge of financial, operational, reputational risk
- Working knowledge of financial products, e.g. equities, fixed income, exchange traded derivatives, OTC derivatives is an advantage
- Working knowledge of project management and business analysis is an advantage
- Interest in data analysis, process automation, big data or non-technical process efficiencies is an advantage.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity