Operations - Regulatory & Control Operations - Client Assets Ops - Analyst - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations division is a dynamic, multi-faceted organization that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're looking for a professional individual who wants to apply their financial market knowledge and further develop their understanding of a growing sector of the financial markets at the heart of regulatory reform. With the continued high rate of change in the regulatory reporting space, Regulatory Operations professionals have the platform to significantly impact their environment and the wider business.
Our team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to improve the firm's compliance rates across various obligations. OUR IMPACT
Our team of critical thinkers partners with groups in all areas of the firm to perform financial analytics and reporting as well as data analytics and engineering. Our division also provides critical operations design and handles capital markets operations to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation and risk management.
We are a globally located team that exists to ensure that the firm fulfills a wide range of non-financial regulatory reporting obligations.
Regulatory Operations team is responsible for reporting to external stakeholders in the EMEA region, including the reporting and monitoring of trade, transaction and position information across a wide range of traded financial products and business lines as well as ensuring compliance with the FCA Client Assets regulations. The characteristics of the team have to marry the firm's culture of teamwork and diligence with the nature of regulatory obligations: ever changing with a need for precision and fast turnaround. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Responsibilities include the following:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Contribute to the execution of non-financial regulatory reporting obligations in particular CASS,
- Perform analysis on reporting exceptions, remediation and corrective actions working closely with respective Operations, Remediation and Engineering teams ,
- Daily management of Client money & Custody short falls for EMEA Client Assets entities
- Involvement in CASS breach management, remediation & reporting to FCA
- Ensure that the relevant Client Assets procedures are designed and operating effectively.
- Facilitate the Monthly Client Money and Asset Return (CMAR) reporting to the FCA.
- Liaising with various CASS community teams on inputs to daily calculations & managing escalations
- Maintain up to date knowledge around the interpretation and adherence to Client Assets rules.
- Participate in the implementation of rule changes impacting Operations teams
- Provide support on projects/business initiatives that have impact on firms Client Assets obligations.
- Participate in Client Asset commercial initiatives
- Develop Business Intelligence skills to utilize in day to day processes and in long term projects
- Work collaboratively across multiple business lines and stakeholder groups in strategic initiatives across the global Regulatory Operations department.
- Develop strong working relationships both internally including the Legal, Compliance and externally to support various reporting functions
- Bachelor's degree with at least 1.5 years of experience in financial services.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Must have strong communication skills to clearly articulate issues and ideas, provide timely escalation,
- Good interpersonal skills to build strong relationship with key stakeholders within and outside of Operations,
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities within deadlines,
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Basic understanding of financial markets regulatory landscape,
- Knowledge about financial markets and associated processes,
- Knowledge about financial products, e.g. equities, fixed income, exchange traded derivatives, OTC derivatives would be an asset
- Knowledge of any operational functions such as asset servicing, equities/fixed income settlements would be an asset.
- Shows interest in data analysis, process automation and BI tools.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity