Operations - Enterprise Operations - Client Analytics & Outreach - Analyst/Associate - Warsaw
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 16 Jan 18 2018-01-16
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
Are you looking to apply your advanced analytical skills to gain deeper insights about our clients and enhance the service we provide? Enterprise Operations is seeking an individual with a passion for data analytics to: extract actionable insights from our reference data to enhance client service, reduce client risk and identify client opportunities; develop tools that blend disparate datasets together to enhance and accelerate our service delivery to clients; and provide senior leadership with regular updates on key client metrics to enable data-driven decision-making.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched, or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that make business flow.
Enterprise Operations provides front-to-back solutions for functions that span all business lines and regions. A new function within Enterprise Operations, the 'Client Analytics & Outreach' team places the client at the forefront of industry change and is focussed on working across divisions and regions, gaining insight into our clients using data analysis and combining this with our knowledge of the evolving regulations to form, and execute, a strategy for engaging with our clients to navigate this change.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Delivery teams - particularly the Outreach team - will use the 'accelerator' data tools you have designed, delivered and deployed as a centralized, automated and repeatable way to understand our clients and improve the service we provide to them
• You will work with partners in Change Delivery and Technology to translate prototype data tools into sustainable, self-service technology solutions that can be used by teams across Enterprise Operations
• Senior leadership will rely on you to develop standardized reporting on client metrics and present key insights from analytical project work to support daily decision-making
• You will partner with teams across Enterprise Operations to design and deliver analytical projects that leverage our reference data and use advanced analytical techniques - such as machine learning and data visualization - to answer critical business questions
• The level of exposure in this role is such that you will partner with a number of divisions of the firm - including Sec Div, Compliance and Technology - and present to Divisional and Regional leadership as the focus on our Clients increasingly becomes paramount
• You will have the opportunity to shape the way in which the 'firm' engages with its clients in times of significant change, developing best practices and techniques as well as influencing the strategy for how the firm maintains key data-points relating to clients
• As the team evolves you will help to grow the Client Analytics & Outreach team as a broader service for the 'division' and the 'firm'
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Ability to translate complex data analysis into communication materials with actionable and easily-digestible insights for senior leadership
• Advanced analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail to help influence decisions and outcomes grounded in data
• Self-motivated and proactive team-player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment which is often working to regulatory deadlines
• Qualification or self-study in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics
• Advanced skills in at least one of the following analysis tools: Excel, SQL, Tableau or Alteryx
• Knowledge of - or passion to learn - statistical programming languages such as R or Python
• Experience analyzing disparate data sets and using large scale querying and aggregation techniques
• Experience of - or passion to learn - predictive and/or statistical modeling (e.g. regression, clustering, classification)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.