Operations - CASS Regulatory and Control Operations Associate - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We are looking for an individual to join our Client Assets function. Responsibilities and scope of role will include all aspects of the client asset function - both daily control functions and project/business analysis within Client Assets Operations and also the distributed support that sits across global Operations and other divisions such as business areas, Legal, Compliance and Technology etc. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Operations are a multi-faceted division that turns ideas into business realities. We partner with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside that vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation.
The Client Assets team within Regulatory and Control Operations is responsible for ensuring compliance with FCA Client Asset regulations. They are responsible for the daily client money lock up calculation and analysis of client balances across a broad range of business types within the various regulated entities. The team also are responsible for regulatory reporting, partnering with business analysis and implementation teams, driving forward various projects to develop and improve risk and control frameworks and liaison with regulators.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
Responsibilities include the following:
• Contribute to efforts to enhance and maintain current CASS risk assessment and control framework across all FCA regulated entities
• Daily management of Client money for EMEA Client Assets entities
• Daily monitoring of custody short falls for EMEA Client Assets entities
• Liaising with various CASS community teams on inputs to daily calculations & managing escalations
• Involvement in CASS breach management, remediation & reporting to FCA
• Consulting with Legal, Compliance and Operations management on Client Assets issues
• Participate in the implementation of rule changes impacting Operations teams
• Participate in Client Asset commercial initiatives
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Ability to manage various deliverables concurrently throughout the day, within deadlines
• Must be a self-starter who can liaise with various teams both regionally and globally
• Must have strong communication skills to clearly articulate issues and ideas, provide timely escalation
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows across multiple business types required
• Demonstration of strong organisational, prioritisation and project management skills required
• Good interpersonal skills to build strong relationship with key stakeholders within and outside of Operations essential
• Good influencing skills to work with the Operations team in challenging the status quo and continuously enhancing the control environment required
• Knowledge and experience in banking and finance operations and regulations
• Strong academic record
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved. ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity