Market Data Vendor Manager / Licensing Specialist - Market Data Services
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Market Data Team
The MARKET DATA team at Goldman Sachs delivers analytics, pricing and reference data, both real-time and historical reflecting all major markets and financial instruments to our internal and external clients.
The Market Data Vendor Management sub-team is responsible for negotiating all data licensing and commercial terms with third party vendors. The team coordinates directly with internal business sponsors on data requirements as well as legal counsel, Technology Risk, Compliance and the Vendor Management Office - to ensure vendor solutions meet firm policies and standards. The role provides the opportunity to identify cost saving opportunities and build strong relationships with all divisions in the Firm while supporting strategic projects. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Why join the team?
- We are a collaborative and global team of 10, responsible for over 400 vendor relationships
- Opportunity to work closely with business stakeholders across all areas of the Goldman Sachs business to understand client requirements and support strategic projects
- We are at the forefront of driving industry change in digital rights and are building a Digital Rights Management (DRM) platform to revolutionize data licensing
- Exposure to a broad array of products as well as many different aspects of the business since market data is a critical enabler for our businesses.
- As the primary representative for Firm, you will be accountable for maintaining the Firm's reputation with our suppliers
- Ownership of high profile Vendor relationships for new contract negotiations, renewals and all other vendor oversight activities
Nice to have
- General understanding of market data licensing terms
- Strong experience in vendor negotiation and relationship management
- Senior stakeholders engagement; ability to confidently communicate with and influence
- Experience of the MDSL MDM inventory system
- Vendor management, exchange licensing and/or business analysis experience