See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world. THE LEGAL DEPARTMENT
The Goldman Sachs Legal department spans offices across 23 cities worldwide, from which we provide counsel and advice to support the global activities of the firm and our clients. Our focus is on providing the highest quality legal advice while managing regulatory and reputational risk. Whether you are an experienced lawyer or have other relevant experience combined with an interest in financial law and strong critical thinking skills, our team might be right for you. OUR DEPARTMENT CULTURE
As a department we are focused on our people and their development and are committed to creating an environment that is diverse and inclusive. We offer numerous training and career development opportunities including a weekly legal training programme, department mentoring schemes and a people development committee tasked with providing tangible tools to help manage and develop careers. The department also has a number of active and varied committees including the Diversity, Pro Bono, Charity and Social Committees and encourages participation in the Women's, Black and LGBT firmwide affinity networks.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
We're looking for an experienced lawyer to join the derivatives and structured finance legal team located in London. Focusing on supporting our funds platform as well as a broad range of OTC derivatives you'll bring your skills to bear on high profile transactions and helping navigate regulatory change. OUR IMPACT
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
The derivatives and structured finance legal team covers the full spectrum of equity, interest rate, fx and credit derivatives as well as our fund and securitisation businesses. The team advises on the structuring and execution of transactions, helps the firm navigate legal and regulatory change and advises on all aspects of legal and reputational risk. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Advising on the structuring, documentation and execution of a wide range of derivatives products
- The key point of contact advising on establishing and distributing investment funds, including UCITS and alternatives
- Advising trading businesses on a variety of risk management and cross-border legal issues, in particular in relation to their innovative index business and fund-linked structures
- Advising on the practical impact of regulatory reforms for our trading businesses and funds platform
- Assisting with the negotiation and drafting of transactional documents, including coordination and management of external counsel
- Strong educational background
- 5-10 years post qualification investment funds experience in a well regarded law firm or in an in-house role. Ideally the candidate will have experience and a good understanding in fund structuring, formation and distribution (UCITS and alternative funds), derivatives and regulation applicable to international cross border investment management and funds businesses including UCITS, AIFMD, MiFID. Familiarity with fund structures established in Luxembourg, Ireland and/or Cayman Islands is helpful.
- Team player with the ability to be pro-active in a challenging business environment, whilst adhering to firm policies and group practices.
- Personable and confident with ability to interact well directly with the business team and to take on responsibility for key business relationships as well as legal colleagues in other global offices.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.