Lead Java Developer - Decision Services Platform Team
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT:
The Workflow Engineering team builds world-class technology solutions for automating all kinds of critical business processes across Goldman Sachs. Our platforms manage millions of tasks and business decisions, and run tens of thousands of workflows daily in order to guarantee that vital business operations run on time. How will you fulfil your potential?
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications
- Build world-class technology solutions delivering enterprise-scale technology in real time at huge scale
- Be part of our continual drive to innovate and uplift our platforms to take advantage of new technologies (such as machine learning, cloud platforms)
- Learn from a motivated and dedicated global team who are dedicated to coaching and mentoring the next generation of technology experts and leaders
- Partner with engineering and business teams across the firm to use the power of the Workflow platform to solve their business problems in a powerful and elegant way
- Extensive experience in the IT industry
- Excellent knowledge of Java and web services
- Hands-on experience with microservices & containers
- Strong analytical skills
- Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes
- Excellent communication skills
- Must possess good leadership skills and have ability to lead a team of 3-5 developers
More information about Workflow team
- Experience of end to end design and implementation of software products
- Knowledge about NoSQL database platforms and distributed storage, analytics and search software
- Relational databases and SQL
- Distributed caching (Geode)
- Messaging systems (Kafka)
- Concurrent programming
- Knowledge of business modelling standards and methodologies (e.g. BPMN, DMN)
- Experience in the financial industry
- Working Style: Agile/Scrum
- Team Location: Warsaw, Bangalore, London, New York
- Direct Team Size: 4-8
- "The 'Platformization' of Workflow at Goldman Sachs: A Camunda Day NYC Recap"
- The team is also engaged in development of open-source libraries such as jDMN
- Devoxx talk - "A peek into the black box - how to adopt Java Flight Recorder to improve non-functional testing"
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.