Lead Developer - Center of Excellence - Automation - VP
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Lead Developer - Centre of Excellence - Automation
An exciting opportunity for a system integration professional to join Centre of Excellence team as Software Developer to influence and drive process re-engineering and digitization initiatives across Goldman Sachs (GS). The Workflow team owns and manages a suite of products that is used to build applications that digitize business processes. The platform includes a core process orchestration engine and modular tools to support digitization. The toolset covers Workflow, Case Management, Decision Management, Document Digitization and Robotic Process Automation. We are continually evolving the platform to leverage best-in class solutions, both in-house and vendor built, that meet the complex digitization needs of our businesses and clients.
We are looking for an experienced developer to work with our engineering and business clients on the full range of automation initiatives, from small and simple tasks through to complex end-to-end process automation. Your passion for design and innovation will be infectious and you'll be able to demonstrate how you balance innovation and creative thinking with tight business constraints to provide solutions that drive real business value.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. Our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our people the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Partner with engineering and business clients across the firm to automate future-state processes that solve business problems and deliver business benefit to the organisation
- Become an subject matter expert (SME) in our software development stack and tools provided by Core Engineering
- Work closely with Core Engineering software development teams to integrate software elements
- Drive the design and implementation of integrated solutions
- Work with other teams to evaluate, select & roll out off-shelf tools
- Modify custom tools and engage in new services development to deliver automated end-to-end business scenarios
- Design and develop Business Process Management applications using Java
- Engineering Graduate with 5+ years of Software development experience in Java
- Strong systems integration knowledge
- Experience of using a test driven development approach and associated testing tools
- Openness for acquiring new skills and learning new technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Proficient in BPMN
- Working experience with Workflow and Decision automation platforms (preferably Camunda)
- Knowledge of storage solutions like relational databases and SQL, NoSQL, S3
- Hands-on knowledge of CI/CD pipelines: Gitlab, Infrastructure as Code, Containerisation, continuous testing and deployment
- Familiar with Automation and Digital Signature tools (DocuSign, Instabase, Automation Anywhere)
- Self-motivation to learn about new business and ownership of development projects and related support issues
- Experience with Financial Market
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity