Java Software Engineer - Securities Lending Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Securities Lending facilitates the short sale of securities, helping our clients manage risk and maintain liquidity. We build the technology that powers the Securities Lending business, in which GS is the global market leader.
What distinguishes our technical team is that we cover full lifecycle of our business - we design and develop platforms that provide pre-trade and trade functionality, trading analytics, reporting, and post trade operational functionality. That's something you get in touch with only in our team! RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS What we're doing:
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR Basic qualifications
- We own more than 100 of services helping our business users front-to-back
- We are transforming our stack onto microservices architecture (already in progress)
- Our systems are often high availability, high throughput, mission-critical systems
- The applications we develop include inventory and risk management, calculating client accruals, facilitating trading flows, automated system-driven trading
- We use Java 8/11, Kafka, Kafka Streams, Spring, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Hazelcast, Git
- Testing is important for us. We use: JUnit, AssertJ, Mockito, WireMock
- We engage strongly with our users so you will have the opportunity to interact with them
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (e.g. Computer Science)
- Solid knowledge of Java 8/11, JUnit
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and algorithms
- At least 5 years of commercial experience working in a complex technical environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Kafka Streams
- Distributed caching such as Hazelcast
- noSQL datastores such as MongoDB
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity