Java Developer, FICC Risk Platform, Associate, Warsaw
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 16 Dec 17 2017-12-16
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB TECHNOLOGY
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Challenging work - what will you do?
• The FICC Technology division works directly with the FICC Trading and Sales teams to develop next generation systems to achieve their business goals. It is a fast paced environment where individuals with strong development and interpersonal skills gain a unique insight into how financial markets work.
• We are looking for a developer to work on a strategic platform for calculating real-time risk for our division. This platform will be used to drive real-time decision making by traders across a range of business lines on a daily basis.
• We are looking for someone who ideally has experience and interest in building a large scale distributed system that is fast, accurate and highly reliable. You should also have commercial experience in Java.
• You will join a team of talented developers working on this highly visible and prestigious project. This opportunity will appeal to those who want to work directly with the trading desks.
We are looking for candidates who have:
• Honour's degree in a STEM subject
• 3+ years of professional Java development experience
• Familiarity with testing tools in Java
• Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
• Additionally welcomed:
o Experience in NoSQL data stores, e.g. Cassandra or MongoDB
o Experience in modern message oriented middleware, e.g. Kafka or RabbitMQ
o Experience in debugging distributed systems
o Experience in developing software for Akka or Vertx.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.