Java Backend Developer - FICC Tech Post Execution Automation
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm's ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm.
The FICC Regulatory team is responsible for development of systems that collect, process and generate high volume of reporting data fulfilling requirements of the MiFiD directive.
The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in building a distributed system that is fast, accurate and highly reliable. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Why work with us?
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Tech stack
- Design, implement and test distributed systems tracking business workflows for trade processing
- Integrate with various internal and external services platforms using industry standard protocols such as REST
- Ensure systems can handle high data volumes using established and emerging technologies, techniques and processes
- Migration of existing solution to strategic technology stack
- Be involved with all stages of the software development life cycle with a range of technologies, and collaborate closely with engineering teams who support the underlying infrastructure and frameworks
- Java 11
- REST Microservices architecture
- Spring Boot 2.x
- Prometheus, Zipkin
- Git, GitLab
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or Engineering
- Strong programming skills in Java
- At least 3 years' experience
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in designing and implementing concurrent, distributed systems
- Experience designing scalable and reliable systems, with a focus on APIs / modularity / testability
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity