- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
JAVA Integration Developer
- Location: Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
JAVA Integration DeveloperWho we are?
Standard Chartered has established in Warsaw a global Treasury Modelling Hub. It provides advanced Assets and Liabilities Management solutions on risk assessment platforms. Our centre in Warsaw is built by a group of business experts, programmers, data analysts and project managers who deliver state of the art Treasury risk forecasting and analysis solutions. The team works closely with our centres worldwide to ensure effective materialization of expected benefits for the whole group.
The Hub is a global network of expert teams, focusing on our strategic markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East and working on business initiatives across functions such as: Treasury Risk, Treasury Policy, Financial Markets, Treasury Markets and Liquidity Regulatory Reporting. It aims to achieve balance sheet optimization through delivery of: centralized functional design and modelling solutions; robust FTP methodologies; effective analysis of internal stress tests and regulatory banking book risk ratios.
As a "Integration Developer" you will be involved in all of: software design; architecture specification; project management; implementation; research engineering; DevOps. Integration developers would be responsible for engineering a wide range of integration platforms relating to Treasury and Balance Sheet Management. The solution designed here would be used for integration with existing system landscape in the Treasury - Liquidity risk space. You will work directly with business users from Treasury Modelling and Platforms team, Treasury Risk, Treasury markets, T-Model developers and the solution analysts to build and design integration solutions to deliver end to end solution to our business stakeholders.
The role is highly development focused and you will use JBOSS/Apache Tomcat (Application Server) and programming language &API's such as Java (Basic & Advanced), JSP,
- Development of Treasury-Modelling technology solutions to liquidity risk requirements;
- Continuous stakeholders' engagement to keep abreast of latest business needs;
- Perform impact analysis and propose solutions that meet business objectives and SLAs, while also aligning with technology strategy;
- Provide development estimates for delivery of Treasury-model components to feed into overall project plans;
- Participate in unit and integration testing of components delivered in Treasury-modelling.
- Preferably Bachelor's degree or equivalent education;
- At least 3 years industry experience in software development and testing;
- Knowledge on Unix shell scripts and good understanding of oracle 11g and above versions is desired;
Good understanding of Frameworks & Build Tools such as Struts (MVC Framework for creating web applications), or Hibernate (Framework for mapping objects to database models) or Ant (Build Tool) - tool for compiling and testing for Java applications;
Good to Have
- Good understanding of software development life cycle and system solutions design;
- Prior experience with large data sets and performance optimisation;
- Knowledge of financial products would be a definite advantage;
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills across various levels in the organisation;
- Attention to detail and able to work within tight timeframes and manage multiple deliverables;
- Computer science background; software design, engineering and DevOps.
Diversity & Inclusion
To introduce employee into the organisation and this new role, Treasury Modelling team has developed a 3-week structured training program aimed to equip new joiner with required knowledge and skills.
Training topics covered in the program include the following: Bank's and Team's organizational structure, liquidity risk and liquidity metrics, best Project Management practices, detailed walkthrough of systems and overall architecture, overview and deep dive on ongoing portfolio of projects, etc.
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and can maximise their personal potential.