Internal Audit Operations - Senior Analyst (AVP)
Internal Audit is a global organization of nearly 2000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 160 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management, ethics and culture, and the internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role will coordinate and at times manage operational activities in the EMEA and APAC regions. Working closely with regional operations team members and senior IA leaders in the region, this role is responsible for driving the strategic agenda in the region, setting and monitoring adherence to operational policy and contributing to and implementing IA strategic initiatives.
This role is a key member of the Operations team and works closely with regional IA Operations team members and senior IA members to ensure the smooth running of IA operations. Key Responsibilities:
- Assists in building a world class Operations function, ensuring compliance with all regulatory, legal entity, transfer pricing, tax and financial requirements, promoting global harmonization of Operations functions across Citi regions
- Assists with the design and execution of strategic initiatives, efficiency initiatives and control initiatives in IA on behalf of management
- Identifies opportunities for and the development of automated solutions to reduce manual involvement in routine processes. Contributes to their design and build.
- Collaborate s with global and regional peers to strategically enhance the delivery of audit operations through the design and implement of controls and processes
- Directs the development and installation of procedures and controls to mitigate company and department risk, promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the enterprise.
- Responds to ad hoc information (e.g. regulatory inquiries) as deemed necessary, working closely with the global MIS and Resource Efficiency Management team.
- Ensures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations
- Assists with premises and logistics of the IA organization to ensure effective and smooth activities are established and maintained around the world
- Leads the coordination of Continuity of Business and Crisis Management for the region
- Assists in local/regional office administrative support
- Experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and operational management.
- Experience in using a variety of technology applications and a good business understanding of operational activities
- Proven ability to execute concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA, CA or similar) are a plus
- A self-aware, self-confident individual who has well developed listening skills, and an ability to engage a group of accomplished business unit heads who are partners to the IA audit team with regards to operational activities
- Good interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and senior management.
- Internal Audit Experience a plus
- Good technical skills including Microsoft Excel and high proficiency across the MS Office suite in general
- Experience in VBA, SharePoint or InfoPath would be advantageous
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - PL
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .