- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Integration JAVA Development Lead
- Location: Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Integration JAVA Development LeadWho we are?
In the face of evolving regulations, rapid developments in balance sheet management platforms and demand for risk modelling services, Standard Chartered has established in Warsaw a global Treasury Modelling Hub. It provides advanced Assets and Liabilities Management solutions on - either built in-house or delivered by software vendors - risk assessment platforms. Our centre in Warsaw is dynamically evolving into a diverse working environment of business experts, programmers, data analysts and project managers. Local teams of subject matter experts in Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk assessment methodologies, change management specialists and rapid developers (Strats - Haskell programmers) work hand-in-hand to deliver state of the art Treasury risk forecasting and analysis solutions. The Warsaw team works also very closely with our centres in India, Singapore, Hong Kong and London to ensure effective embedment of new model designs and materialization of expected benefits for the whole group.
Those who join the Hub will become members of highly-specialized global network of expert teams, focusing on all strategic Standard Chartered markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East and working on a variety of business initiatives across functions such as: Treasury Risk, Treasury Policy, Financial Markets, Treasury Markets and Liquidity Regulatory Reporting. This global collaboration aims to achieve balance sheet optimization through delivery of: centralized functional design and modelling solutions; robust FTP methodologies; effective analysis of internal stress tests and regulatory (i.e. PRA, HKMA, MAS) banking book risk ratios (i.e. LCR, CFMR, NSFR and IRRBB); and provision of quality analytical inputs to the bank's management team.
The Standard Chartered Liquidity Technology team requires Treasury Integration Developers to help integrate the liquidity analytics solution and risk models for a range of regulatory and internal requirements. This role will exist within a new Liquidity Technology department in Standard Chartered GBS Warsaw and will work closely with the Financial Markets Team, Liquidity Solutions Engineers, Project Managers, Treasury Business Change functions and the wider Liquidity Technology Development teams on various business initiatives.
- Lead the delivery of Treasury-Modelling technology solutions to liquidity risk requirements;
- Managerial responsibility for the Treasury-Modelling Integration Development Team as well as hands-on development;
- Continuous stakeholders' engagement to keep abreast of latest business needs;
- Drive overall liquidity technology strategy;
- Perform impact analysis and propose solutions that meet business objectives and SLAs, while also aligning with technology strategy;
- Provide development estimates for delivery of Treasury-Integration components to feed into overall project plans;
- Participate in unit and integration testing of components delivered in Treasury -Modelling;
- Provide regular and timely updates to project manager.
- Preferably Bachelor's degree or equivalent education;
- At least 6 years experience in similar banking projects implementation;
- Good understanding of software development life cycle and system solutions design;
- Prior experience with large data sets and performance optimisation;
- Knowledge of Liquidity Risk and Balance Sheet Management would be a definite advantage;
- Knowledge of financial products, specifically calculation of valuations or risk is advantageous;
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills across various levels in the organisation;
- Attention to detail and able to work within tight timeframes and manage multiple deliverables;
- Good understanding of Frameworks & Build Tools such as Struts (MVC Framework for creating web applications), or Hibernate (Framework for mapping objects to database models) or Ant (Build Tool) - tool for compiling and testing for Java applications;
- Hands on knowledge on Unix shell scripts and good understanding of oracle 11g and above versions is desired;
- Computer science background; software design, engineering and DevOps.
Diversity & Inclusion
To introduce employee into the organisation and this new role, Treasury Modelling team has developed a 3-week structured training program aimed to equip new joiner with required knowledge and skills.
Training topics covered in the program include the following: Bank's and Team's organizational structure, liquidity risk and liquidity metrics, best Project Management practices, detailed walkthrough of systems and overall architecture, overview and deep dive on ongoing portfolio of projects, etc.
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and can maximise their personal potential.