- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Haskell Development Lead
- Location: Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Haskell Development LeadWho we are
In the face of evolving regulations, rapid developments in balance sheet management platforms and demand for risk modelling services, Standard Chartered has established in Warsaw a global Treasury Modelling Hub. It provides advanced Assets and Liabilities Management solutions on - either built in-house or delivered by software vendors - risk assessment platforms. Our centre in Warsaw is dynamically evolving into a diverse working environment of business experts, programmers, data analysts and project managers. Local teams of subject matter experts in Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk assessment methodologies, change management specialists and rapid developers (Haskell programmers) work hand-in-hand to deliver state of the art Treasury risk forecasting and analysis solutions. The Warsaw team works also very closely with our centres in India, Singapore, Hong Kong and London to ensure effective embedment of new model designs and materialization of expected benefits for the whole group.
Those who join the Hub will become members of highly-specialized global network of expert teams, focusing on all strategic Standard Chartered markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East and working on a variety of business initiatives across functions such as: Treasury Risk, Treasury Policy, Financial Markets, Treasury Markets and Liquidity Regulatory Reporting. This global collaboration aims to achieve balance sheet optimization through delivery of: centralized functional design and modelling solutions; robust FTP methodologies; effective analysis of internal stress tests and regulatory (i.e. PRA, HKMA, MAS) banking book risk ratios (i.e. LCR, CFMR, NSFR and IRRBB); and provision of quality analytical inputs to the bank's management team.
The Standard Chartered Liquidity Technology team requires a term-based role of Haskell Development Lead to set up developers team and lead programming code takeover in the area of liquidity analytics and risk models for a range of regulatory and internal requirements. This role will exist within a new Liquidity Technology department in Standard Chartered GBS Warsaw and will work closely with the Financial Markets Team, Liquidity Solutions Engineers, Project Managers, Treasury Business Change functions and the wider Liquidity Technology Development teams on various business initiatives.
As a model developer you will be involved in all of: software design; architecture specification; project management; implementation; requirements gathering; research engineering; DevOps. Treasury model developers are responsible for engineering a wide range of software solutions relating to Treasury and Balance Sheet Management.
You will work directly with business users, building software to automate their work and improve their efficiency. The role is highly development focused and you will use Haskell for almost all tasks: data analysis, market data publishing, database access, web services, desktop GUIs, large parallel tasks, quantitative models, solvers, everything. This is a fast-paced role - code you write today will be deployed within hours to hundreds of users and has to work.
Demonstrated experience in typed FP (Haskell, OCaml, F# etc) is required. We have over 4 million lines of Haskell, and our own Haskell compiler. In this context we look for skill in typed functional programming to capture and abstract over complex systems.
Experience writing typed APIs to external systems such as databases, web services, pub/sub platforms is very desirable. We like working code, so if you have Hackage or github libraries, we definitely want to see them. We also like StackOverflow answers, academic papers, or other arenas where you can show broad FP ability.
You have project and client management skills - you will talk to users, understand their problems and then implement and deliver what they really need.
The Role Responsibilities
• Manage the takeover of the existing Treasury-Liquidity Haskell code and facilitate communications with the FM Analytics Development Team
• Drive the build-up and subsequent trainings of our Haskell team in Poland (possibly also in India)
• Enable establishing Standard Chartered brand in Haskell community in Poland
• Perform the role of a temporary lead of Haskell development team
• Provide support in defining delivery strategy for optimal mix of technologies and programming languages to be used for particular components of Treasury Liquidity solution
• Assist with the design of the migration strategy
• Setting up Haskell Treasury-Model development team in Warsaw, oriented at delivering liquidity risk requirements;
• Continuous stakeholders' engagement to keep abreast of latest business needs;
• Perform impact analysis and propose solutions that meet business objectives and SLAs, while also aligning with technology strategy;
• Provide development estimates for delivery of Treasury-Model components to feed into overall project plans;
• Participate in unit and integration testing of components delivered in Treasury-Modelling;
• Provide regular and timely updates to project manager.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Preferably Bachelor's degree or equivalent education;
• At least 6 years experience in similar banking projects implementation;
• Good understanding of software development life cycle and system solutions design;
• Prior experience with large data sets and performance optimisation;
• Knowledge of Liquidity Risk and Balance Sheet Management would be a definite advantage;
• Knowledge of financial products, specifically calculation of valuations or risk is advantageous;
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills across various levels in the organisation;
• Attention to detail and able to work within tight timeframes and manage multiple deliverables;
• Haskell or other typed functional programming language (OCaml, F#);
• Computer science background; software design, engineering and DevOps.
If you're ready to take on your next challenge, apply now.