Global Supplier Services -Oversight Operations-Associate
SOS Operations Steady State Role
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
JPMorgan Chase seeks to do business with suppliers who provide the best price, quality and capability to meet our business needs. Global Supplier Services (GSS) brings together Sourcing, Third Party Oversight, Procurement Operations, and Accounts Payable into one team. This group of nearly 800 employees (in 11 countries) manages the source to pay processes for JPMorgan Chase and provides a governance model which includes strong risk management practices, enhanced performance monitoring, greater scale and strong client engagement. The GSS team works proactively with Line of Business (LOB) colleagues to identify capable suppliers, lead the competitive sourcing process and negotiate contracts with selected suppliers. Leveraging firm-wide buying power and controlling risk are consistent overarching goals. GSS then ensures that the contracted goods and services can be obtained by our employees in an efficient, cost-effective manner globally.
The Supplier Oversight Services (SOS) is a centralized group within GSS that seeks to ensure the delivery of the full service offering and product suite of the GSS Organization while executing the Third Party Oversight & Line of Businesses (LOB) Governance function across JP Morgan Chase. This group provides consistent monitoring of all Third Party activity in order to ensure compliance to the Third Party Oversight (TPO) standard and works directly with the business as a trusted partner to deliver the GSS solutions and capabilities such as Gold Supplier, PO Express and Fast Track among others.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a primary point of contact for GSS organization to help stakeholders and suppliers navigate GSS processes and tools for all Steady State COMPASS engagements.
- Works effectively with all GSS functions such as Sourcing, Supplier Assurance Services and The Concierge Desk, among others
- Support GSS programs such as Qualified & Performing Suppliers (QPS) and Gold Suppliers through Steady State due diligence processes
- Manage portfolio of Steady State third party engagements ensuring LOB is leveraging best processes and most efficient means to engage vendors
- Manage, monitor and track line of business compliance to Third Party Program standards and policies in the State due diligence of engagements.
- Provide central oversight and contact for all line of business Steady State engagement requests to support timely completion and compliance with Third Party policy and standards.
- Manage daily monitoring of Third Party workflow progress for timely processing and completion of assigned tasks by the delivery manager, portfolio manager and other key stakeholders.
- Assist in training Delivery Manager, Portfolio Managers, location contacts and Senior Managers on the TPO procedures and systems.
- Partner with other SMEs in teams across GSS to ensure LOBs understand GSS processes and tools.
- Ensure SOS duties are delivered in a manner consistent with business objectives, GSS policy, SOS procedures and regulatory guidance.
- Partner with SOS Ops Team and provide coverage for other SOS members as required.
- Partner with Sourcing and other SMEs e.g. Legal, Compliance to ensure compliance to policy and procedure.
- Proven leader and influencer and able to effect firm-wide change
- Strong Client Service focus and demeanor
- 5+ years relevant work experience in Finance, Sourcing, TPO, Risk, Oversight & Control, Vendor Management, or related roles
- Preferred experience with GSS tools such as COMPASS, Ariba, CWOC, NEIM, Concur, 4Site, FORCE, Bridger and Qlikview, Cognos
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills in addition to listening and negotiation skills.
- Excellent business judgment, particularly the ability to proactively identify and address issues early, performing root cause analysis to develop long term solutions
- Strong business analysis skills to enable efficient, accurate and objective decision making
- Ability to partner closely with related functions (Sourcing, Legal& Compliance, Audit, etc.) to ensure a coordinated and effective program
- Excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge of risk management and control principles
- Knowledge of regional / local regulatory outsourcing requirements
- Strong knowledge of TPO standards preferred
- Demonstrated organizational, research/analytical skills and ability to execute and escalate
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. We have a sophisticated local market presence in Europe, Middle East and Africa which is complemented by staff around the world who support our growth and serve our clients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are excited to expand our team in Poland and we're looking for collaborative, innovative and dedicated individuals to join us in our new corporate centre in Warsaw. Bring us your expertise and you'll be part of a global community, working with people around the world and with a company that's committed to investing in you and making a success of this key new location for our business. About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.