Global Markets - FICC Ops - Currency Operations - Analyst - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
The FICC Operations team manages the FX middle office, trade confirmations and settlements work-flow. The team is responsible for the operational risk management of the firm's foreign exchange trading activities. This includes support of all foreign exchange derivative products traded by the FX Trading & Sales Desks in EMEA and Currency Futures and Listed Options. The objective of FX Operations is to maximize efficiency and control, recognize and mitigate risks, identify commercial opportunities, drive industry best practice and standards, and enhance the client experience. The team is responsible for ensuring all FX OTC derivative deals are confirmed and settled in a timely manner and firm's funding obligation is met. The analyst is require to be dynamic and client service oriented with high focus on risk and control. From an early stage, we develop and expect our analysts to think creatively and 'outside the box', as well as improving the daily process and taking responsibility and ownership for this to happen. The role also requires the ability to seamlessly switch between multiple activities and significant interaction with clients so communication will be a key asset.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work closely with Trading, Liquidity and Treasury teams to ensure that firm funding obligations are met.
- Key Risk Reporting of suspense, partnership with the FX Sales and Trading teams in handling client and processing requests.
- Risk manage confirmations and settlements for Foreign Exchange transactions
- Pro-actively work with external clients and other dealers to resolve economic discrepancies on FX
- Partner with internal teams - Sales , Trading, Credit, Technology and other operations teams to ensure timely confirmation and settlement
- Accurate and timely settlement of cash-flows with adherence to the internal payment policy and procedures
- Maintain accurate and clean post settlement work-flows - breaks, fails, etc
- Design and initiate process improvements with thorough understanding of the teams' processes and controls
- Resolution and escalation of all client disputes and queries
- Project and initiative management and participation within the team and across regions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors' degree
- Strong motivation to succeed, both as an individual and as a team
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines, at the same time as risk mitigation
- Effective problem solving and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to use discretion and good judgment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong appreciation of client service
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Operations or related field
- Risk and Control focused
- Ability to deal with multiple complex issues at the same time while meeting client deadlines
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity