Global Markets - Equities Ops - Listed Derivatives Operations - Analyst - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB We are open to considering requests for flexible working GLOBAL MARKETS
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The Listed Derivatives (LD) Control team provides Operational support to a wide variety of internal and external clients who execute on approximately 7 EMEA and 12 US Derivatives Exchanges.
Regular interaction with: (external) EMEA Exchanges, Clearing Houses, Third Party Brokers, (internal) Compliance, Legal, Credit & Risk, Global Control, Client Assets, Equity Operations, FI Operations, J Aron Operations, and other areas of Listed Derivatives Operations globally.
LD Control are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of books and records across the Listed Derivatives business globally. RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Allocation and booking of client trades in GS systems.
- Reconciliation of GS books and records to the exchanges.
- Exchange and Intercompany margining.
- Reconciliation of consistency across GS entities and among various ledgers.
- lient and sales support for Listed Derivatives statement delivery.
- Monitor and follow up with counterparty brokers on trade and brokerage related queries.
- Generating various reports for regulators and internal clients.
- Testing new systems and architectures.
- Previous experience in a middle office or finance related role preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Common sense coupled with a strong analytical and logical approach to all work undertaken
- A flexible, proactive, energetic approach is essential.
- A strong team player who is able to work efficiently & effectively under pressure.
- Enthusiasm and a strong desire to learn are key attributes given the steep learning curve this role will provide.
- A highly confident and professional approach to all work undertaken and most importantly other members of the team.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Leadership - Strong motivation and leadership qualities, acts as role model for colleagues even without in-depth product knowledge
- Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely toward extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity