Global Markets - Equities Ops - Confirmations Execution Group - Analyst - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We are open to considering requests for flexible working
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
Are you looking to apply your quantitative skills while deepening your understanding of derivative products? Our Confirmation Execution Group is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with clients, sales, traders, legal and structurers to manage the firm's derivative product legal risk through execution of ISDA documentation of derivative transactions. OUR IMPACT
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow. BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The Confirmation Execution Group has a primary responsibility of managing our counterparty risk by executing Electronic and ISDA (International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc.) confirmations with Broker Dealers and our Institutional Clients (Hedge Funds, Pension Funds, Mutual Funds, and Reinsurance Groups). The team is responsible for managing risk in a high stakes environment, primarily focusing on Equities. As a member of the Confirmations Execution Group, you will have a high level of client interaction and involvement with other internal ops teams and Sales and Trading. You will be required to be enthusiastic, dynamic, flexible, client service orientated and focused on control, accuracy and maximizing efficiency.
Initially a new member to the team will concentrate on learning the systems, developing processes and controls, and understanding various products and trade events. Once fully integrated, team members could participate in Projects, Enhancements, and Industry Initiatives from time to time. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Affirm OTC derivative trade confirmations (in Equities)
• Demonstrate technical acumen and accuracy by ensuring you understand the economics of the trade and verify the accuracy in the firm's booking systems
• Mitigate risk through maintaining accuracy and procedural conformity
• Assist in the resolution of any exceptions that may arise in a timely manner
• Proactively partner with internal groups (sales, trading, compliance) to execute confirmations
• Design and initiate process improvements with thorough understanding the lifecycle of the trade and confirmations platforms
• Act as a Client Relationship Manager, partner with the Sales and Trading desks to offer best in class client service
• Take responsibility for maintaining timeliness in accordance with market standards and regulatory requirements SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Preferably with experience in a derivatives line role, especially in Derivatives Confirmation execution process and/or legal documentation
• Ability to work in a high-pressure and time sensitive environment
• Understanding of risk and controls required to support derivative transactions
• Contributes to the effectiveness of the team by working closely with colleagues by sharing information, skills, and responsibilities
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Effective problem solver
• Takes actions to ensure that controls are in place and procedures are followed
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Skilled at gathering and analyzing quantitative data to guide decision-making.
• Has personal impact and experience to negotiate effectively with other internal groups, including sales/trading/structuring teams
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a trading environment
• Ability to manage line related projects for efficiency/control improvements
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills, ability to gather stakeholder support for initiatives across teams and see them through to execution.
• Proficiency in European languages such as French is desirable
• 1+ years of Derivatives Confirmations experience is desirable ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity