Full Stack (Java) Developer - Client Data Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Client Data Engineering Team
We are cross-regional team responsible for capturing/modelling & distributing a consistent view of client data across the firm in various projects that aim to:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Why join the team?
- Curate, design and catalogue high quality data models for reliable data access
- Build highly scalable data processing logic for use across a wide range of datasets and applications
- Build tooling to support the maintenance of the curated datasets & maintain data quality
- Provide data-driven insight and decision-making critical to GS's business processes
- We build & deploy modern data management tools to curate key client reference data sets, models and workflows
- We evaluate, select and acquire new internal & external data sets that contribute to business decision making
- We partner with data platform teams to adopt cloud based processing pipelines & data distribution
- We engage with data consumers and producers in order to design appropriate models to suit all needs
- It is a global team, and nearly all deliverables require close working with global team members
- Our data solutions are built on top of The Legend - Goldman's flagship data management and data governance open source platform. Read more on Bloomberg
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in a computational field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or in a related discipline)
- Hands on development experience (Java/Full stack) with exposure to the full software development lifecycle
- Relational database experience (e.g. Sybase, UDB) and/or ORM frameworks
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Familiar with design patterns, domain driven design and other software development best practices
- Data visualization & data modelling experience
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.