Frontend Software Engineer - Managed Web Platform - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
As we build the next generation of digital products, success will be driven by the quality of our users' experience. The job of a front-end developer is to architect, develop, and help deliver digital products that delight our users while satisfying the firm's business goals.
As a member of the Managed Web Platform team, you will be responsible for introducing the latest web technologies to the firm and streamlining their adoption. You will work with business and development teams in a variety of businesses at Goldman Sachs to define, develop, and validate the engineering solutions upon which the user experience for internal and external users are built.
You will help shape our overall design system and visual language, with a components library
that is used in hundreds of projects at the firm. It lays foundation for producing a coherent user experience across all of our web, desktop, tablet and smartphone apps across the firm. The library is available for two enterprise-level frameworks: React
and tested and implemented in TypeScript . RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
You will be responsible for building and executing challenging projects across a number of initiatives. You will work with key stakeholders, UX Designers, and other development teams to get requirements and convert them into deliverables. You will learn new technologies, working on constantly upgrading your skill-set and the products you work on to be at-par with the best in the industry. You will innovate and solve technical challenges in an effective manner that emphasizes a long-term vision. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent in demonstrable work experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with some of the latest technologies to build rich web applications
- Strong hands-on experience with modern front-end technologies such as React, Angular, Typescript, etc. and comfortable learning new languages
- Experience with clean code and testing methodologies
- Superior interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Ability to work on multiple project simultaneously in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability, innovation and intellectual curiosity
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience working in delivery driven agile SDLC covering research, design and engineering
- Hands-on experience with PWAs, CSS in JS, mobile app development
- Experience with back-end API development using Java or Node based frameworks is a plus
- Experience with Reactive programming methodologies and frameworks such as RxJS
- Experience with SSR frameworks, such as NextJS or Gatsby
- Experience with front end build tools and testing libraries including Webpack
- Hands-on experience working with cloud computing platforms such as AWS is a plus
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html