Financial / Product Control Analyst
- Primary Location: Poland,Mazowieckie,Warsaw
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19033301
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Product Control is the largest department in Finance group in Warsaw with responsibility for controlling daily profit and loss reporting, price verification and new trading activity and represents primary control function in those areas.
The Product Control Department is organized into product-aligned teams such as credit, FX, equity, money markets, rates, cash, derivatives, as well as structured and exotic variants of different asset classes.
Our Poland office is deeply integrated part of the EMEA regional hub, establishing direct contact with the business and finance areas in the regional center.
This specific analyst position falls under Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory Product Control. Business activity being controlled is mainly focused on clients' debt (bonds, loans, hybrid) capital raising needs and to provide merger and acquisition and equity-related strategic financing solutions. The role will encompass:
- Full end-to-end Product Control process (including revenue recognition according to US GAAP regime , daily P&L and Balance Sheet reporting to the desk, breaks investigation with relevant Operations / Middle Office teams) as well as participation in new business initiatives
- Supporting the Product Control Policy and Control Framework covering Profit Attribution Analysis (PAA), New Trade Reviews, P&L Commentary and Front to Back reconciliations
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders (mainly Desk, Accounting Policy and Middle Office / Operations personnel ) across the organization on a daily basis
- Work in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading banks with exposure to variety of products, processes and controls
- Cooperation with a high quality, international, multicultural and global team
- Work in a friendly and diversified environment, appreciating differences in style and perspective and using them to add value to decisions leading to organisational success
- Management supporting balanced and agile work (flexible working hours, home office)
- Attractive benefits package (Benefit System, medical care, pension plan etc.)
- A chance to make a difference with various affinity networks and charity initiatives
• University or College degree
• Strong analytical background
• Detail oriented and control focused
• Proactive, able to prioritise, delegate and escalate
• Ability to meet tight reporting and project deadlines
• Strong English communication skills - written and oral
• Strong PC skills, in particular Excel, VBA (not essential)
• +1 year work experience in Finance, or a role with significant product exposure such as Risk Management, Middle Office, Finance or Audit is an asset
• Interest in financial markets and accounting